G.Skill tridentZ wont let my PC post with dual channel RAM unless dimm voltage raised constantly

Dec 22, 2018
So this has been an ongoing issue for me and I need some outside help here. I have 2 8gb gkill tridentz F4-3200C16D-16GTZR. And for some reason my ram is working intermittently. Sometimes my mobo (z370 ftw) will not post with two stocks of ram in it and I have to reset PC take out ram restart then out ram back into PC in sleep mode to get it to power on but then when I look in my bios it is only reading one stick in it any help please!

Whenever you install/remove parts, including ram, the pc must be completely powered off and the psu disconnected from the wall.

The gold standard for testing ram is memtest86.
You boot the program from a usb stick and it will test the ram.
You should be able to complete a full pass with NO errors.

Your ram is 3200 speed and technically needs to be overclocked and should run at 1.35v.
Test the ram first at default speeds which will likely be 2133.
Then select the 3200 speed XMP setting and see how it does.
The ram will have a lifetime warranty so if you have a problem, G.skil should replace it.

One other thing to check.
Sometimes a motherboard will have a bios update that addresses ram compatibility issues.
You will see the bios level on the initial bios screen.
Do not flash the bios on speculation since it is a potentially risky process.
Do so if you see an update that might address your problem.

Dec 22, 2018
@geofelt I should mention I had evga and microcenter replace mobo and CPU and it changed nothing for a long time I never got it to past C code then one day I put the stick in with the PC in sleep and then it worked but my bios was only reading that there was one stick in the mobo I was able to get it to the read the other stick by restarting the PC but the fix only lasts a night as when I put it back to sleep mode and come back to use my PC in the morning and it will not post and give C code again