[SOLVED] G. Skill TrizentZ (F4-3600C16D-32GTZRC ) Ram Compatibility with Ryzen 5800x

Pigus

Honorable
Apr 2, 2017
Good Day,

I'd like to ask for your opinion regarding this ram, G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 Model F4-3600C16D-32GTZRC. I am trying to upgrade my current intel desktop to AMD and I've heard, read before about ram compatibility issues. This will be my first AMD build so I want to make sure there will be no issues.

Will build:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
Motherboard: MSI B550m Mortar Wifi
Ram: G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 Model F4-3600C16D-32GTZRC (Link)
M.2: Adata XPG SX8200 Pro

Already checked that the ram is compatible with the motherboard in MSI's website. But I am unsure if it is compatible with the processor, 5800x. Since, there is no G. Skill F4-3600C16D-32GTZRC in ryzen's website and also in 5800x website.

Solution
Ryzen is more picky in ram than intel, that is true, but as generations go forward, the compatibility gets better.
In a 500 series board and 5000 series cpu you really don't need to worry about compatibility.

The motherboard list is the one that will say what will 100% work no matter what. TridentZ is actually the best ram for ryzen, using Samsung B-die chips.
The motherboard list is NOT every single stick that will work.

So, for short: it will work, that ram is very very good, and the QVL list is just what WILL work, not all of what will work.
Ryzen is more picky in ram than intel, that is true, but as generations go forward, the compatibility gets better.
In a 500 series board and 5000 series cpu you really don't need to worry about compatibility.

The motherboard list is the one that will say what will 100% work no matter what. TridentZ is actually the best ram for ryzen, using Samsung B-die chips.

So, for short: it will work, that ram is very very good, and the QVL list is just what WILL work, not all of what will work.

Solution

Pigus

Honorable
Apr 2, 2017

Thanks for the reply. I made a mistake, the ram is not listed in the motherboard website. Only in G.Skill website that says it is compatible with the motherboard and CPU.

Thank you again. Will get this ram for my upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS