[SOLVED] G-Sync Compatability question (RTX 3080 Aorus Master)

Gypooo

Reputable
Jul 26, 2016
Hello there ,First question is a simple one here, i own an RTX 3080 Aorus Master and i bought a new monitor 2 days ago to be able to use it to its full pot ...... i bought the Asus TUF VG27WQ 165hz 2k with HDR 400 but with Freesync and there comes my question , is this monitor G-sync compatible and i dont mean officially coz i checked nvidia site and the monitor is not on the list but i remeber i read before that some users managed to enable G-sync and make it work on a non nvidia certified freesync monitor , so i thought some users of that monitor can give me some insight and tell me if enabling the G-sync feature from Nvidia COntrol panel the tech actually works normally or not with that display.

Secondly, if the monitor is actually not gonna benefit of G-sync .... is it rly a worthfull tech that i maybe should exchange it and get the Asus TUF VG27AQ model and pay the extra cash simply to get G-sync or it will be nearly a waste of money , specially that i own such a card i want to make full usage of all the utilities it offers thro nvidia to get the top notch performance .

Solution
have you tried enabling 165htz on it and then going into Nvidia control panel and see if it shows on the Set up G Sync page?

looking on here shows that its not - https://www.displayninja.com/freesync-monitor-list/

My LG isn't officially compatible but once I set its refresh rate to 144, the Nvidia control panel recognised my monitor.

I have never had a G Sync monitor, my last 2 have been Freesync, so I don't know if its worth paying the premium for a G Sync monitor or if its better to just buy a Freesync monitor that is supported.

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you tried enabling 165htz on it and then going into Nvidia control panel and see if it shows on the Set up G Sync page?

looking on here shows that its not - https://www.displayninja.com/freesync-monitor-list/

My LG isn't officially compatible but once I set its refresh rate to 144, the Nvidia control panel recognised my monitor.

I have never had a G Sync monitor, my last 2 have been Freesync, so I don't know if its worth paying the premium for a G Sync monitor or if its better to just buy a Freesync monitor that is supported.

Solution