G-sync doesnt work properly anymore.

MxOAgentJohnson

Reputable
Jun 22, 2014
So i dont really know what has happened, as this seems really bizarre.
G-sync doesnt work as properly intended anymore, i get the lack of screen tearing, but if my framerate isnt a variable of the max refresh rate i get judder from the framerate not being in-sync, which is one of the benefits from G-sync, i havent used it in over a month but it used to work AMAZINGLY for games like Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider, now it doesnt work atall, i get the lack of screen tearing but now it isnt even smooth reaching the max refresh rate.

Happens on every game, i have no idea what to do to fix it, the only thing i have noticed as of lately is the fact that my screen flickers a fair bit on some blank pages at the bottom, but no idea on that.

I run the Acer 27" 1920x1080 G-sync Monitor. an i7 4790k @4.5ghz, x2 GTX 970, 16GB Hyper X and x2 1TB SSD x1 250GB SSD (850 pro)

Anyone have any idea what is up, maybe it is Windows 10 or? Id love to start using g-sync properly again.

(It happens if SLi is turned on or off. Or even uninstalled the second card)

Solution
Make sure G-sync is still enabled in the Nvidia Control Panel. If you installed new hardware recently it might have disabled. Also, if you have a ULMB mode on your monitor make sure it is off and G-sync is set to on. If ULMB mode is on then G-sync will not work.

Matthew-san

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
Make sure G-sync is still enabled in the Nvidia Control Panel. If you installed new hardware recently it might have disabled. Also, if you have a ULMB mode on your monitor make sure it is off and G-sync is set to on. If ULMB mode is on then G-sync will not work.

Solution