Question G-SYNC - FreeSync A Faulty Monitor Or A Dying Video Card ?

Mar 2, 2023
Hello, starting 2 days ago my pc started to do something wrong, first of all, my setup has 2 monitors and only 1 of them is manifesting this problem.

Since 2 days ago, while I play or watch something on youtube or twitch on my main monitor which is a DELL S2419HGF 144hz goes randomly black screen, for 2 - 3 seconds and comes right back after, the problem is not constant sometimes does this 2 - 3 times/minute or sometimes 1 hour goes and nothing happens.

In the past had the same issue and persisted and was annoying I fixed this by disabling some ... G-Sync thing, and right now this doesn't fix a thing, already have all my settings and the problem is still here.

I don't want to think I need a new card because I am broke and the prices here in my country right now .. are huge I have more chances to buy a new car than a new video card so please help me out.

Here are my specs :

CPU: Intel Coffee Lake, Core i7 8700 3.20GHz box
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER VENTUS GP OC 8GB GDDR6 256-bit
RAM: Patriot Viper Elite Grey 16GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 1.2v Dual Channel Kit
MOBO : MSI B360 GAMING PLUS
HDD : Seagate BarraCuda 2TB SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB
SSD: WD NEW Green 240GB SATA-III M.2 2280
CASE : ZALMAN Z11 PLUS
PSU : Seasonic M12II-620 EVO Edition Bronze 620W

Here is what I already did so you will know :
  1. Replaced all my cables with new cables
  2. Updated all my drivers + windows update
  3. Used DDU for a clean install
  4. Checked the power cable and replaced it with another one
  5. Looked for viruses/malware and everything using ( RKill, JRT, TDSS KILLER, COMBOFIX, NETWORK ADAPTER REPAIR, AdwCleaner + MalwareBytes )
  6. Tried a different output input ports on my gpu / monitor.
  7. Got the monitor "Input Source > Auto Select " on OFF
  8. Checked if it's statical energy that impact this.
  9. The monitor it's Free Sync but all of thoes like Freesync / Gsync are disabled.
  10. Moved pc is not cold / too hot here.
  11. Uninstalled Logitech G Hub ( i heard that can affect )
I am lost here and I don't know why this problem started randomly from nothing isn't like I did anything to cause this so please I am here for your help.

Also my Second monitor it's just a random asus 60hz connected via HDMI.

Mar 2, 2023
Sounds like your monitor is bad.
But it's bad just like from 2 days ago ? And until then nothing was bad with him ? And beside that, it all started after i updated the driver of the video card, and i thought hummm maybe it's something bad with this update let me try to go downgrade, and i did but nothing fixed.

But it's bad just like from 2 days ago ? And until then nothing was bad with him ? And beside that, it all started after i updated the driver of the video card, and i thought hummm maybe it's something bad with this update let me try to go downgrade, and i did but nothing fixed.
Disconnect the 2nd monitor. Swap the ports the problematic monitor is using on the GPU. See if issue persists.