Question G-Sync Help.

matt726363

Commendable
Oct 26, 2017
Hey guys, so I was wondering that when you go and enable nvidia g-sync theres 2 options; Full screen and windowed and full screen. I've heard problems with windowed and full screen so I just wanted some clarification on this thanks. Also, does ti mean border less windowed or just windowed?

Woohoopy

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
Inside of the Nvidia control panel settings, you must enable G-sync to turn on for both windowed and fullscreen applications, otherwise the default is only fullscreen. Once you've enabled it for both, it will work for both windowed, borderless windowed, and fullscreen.

However you might see the best results with Fullscreen mode (but enabled for both). I generally leave it enabled for both so I can use gsync on my browser too.

Edit: Also remember to disable v-sync within applications and have your refresh rate at maximum (most likely 144hz).

matt726363

Commendable
Oct 26, 2017
Inside of the Nvidia control panel settings, you must enable G-sync to turn on for both windowed and fullscreen applications, otherwise the default is only fullscreen. Once you've enabled it for both, it will work for both windowed, borderless windowed, and fullscreen.

However you might see the best results with Fullscreen mode (but enabled for both). I generally leave it enabled for both so I can use gsync on my browser too.

Edit: Also remember to disable v-sync within applications and have your refresh rate at maximum (most likely 144hz).
I saw that you have to enable v sync on gsync compatible monitors on jokers video about gsync on freesync monitors.

TRENDING THREADS