g-Sync... is it worth the extra $$

Tezyck

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
I plan to buy a 980 (or a 970) with the intentions of buying an additional 980 or 970 shortly after.

I am also looking for a good 1440p monitor.
My question is, is the ASUS ROG Swift, or the Acer IPS G-Sync monitor worth the hefty price?

I plan to have this monitor last me a great while, and to potentially hook up an additional secondary monitor at a later point to either watch video on, have M Word up, chrome, etc while I game.
but thats down the road.

My question is. I can get a good 1440p monitor for around 400 dollars (willing to spend more, though obviously)

My current display is a 1080p Sony Bravia 42 inch LED HDTV... so, yea, it will be a change going down to a 27 inch display -but I think it is worthwhile.

-For the sake of the long road -when I have to start running games at lower fps I believe g-sync will prove worthwhile... I just am not sure if it is truly worthwhile.

Tezyck

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
I know it doesn't improve fps but from what I read it enhances the smoothness dramatically -which is good when I notice a lot of 'irregular' stuttery behaviour while gaming with my current set up

I decided to pick one up -the acer model... I think I am going to get the 4k model because with g-sync I shouldnt have a problem
-though it is only 60hz instead of 144hz (I think the likelyness of getting 144fps+ for a LONG time at 4k is doubtful

The 4 model and the 144op model are the same price, in some instances the 4k is actually cheaper -so there ya go

Unless someone makes a very good argument that 1440p and 144hz will be a much better experience compared to 4k @ 60hz (both g-sync, of course)
My mind is made up