Question G-Sync Issues

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
CPU: i7-13700K (Overclocked) Cooler: Corsair H150 Elite Caprellix 360mm RAM: DDR4 G-Skill 4000Mhz (4x16GB, Gear1) MB: MSI Edge z690 DDR4 WiFi GPU: MSI Gaming Trio 4090 (Custom SuprimX vBIOS) PSU: MSI MPG A1000G PCIE5

Not sure if it's the GPU, my System or TV.

I have my Monitor-DP (4K MSI MPG321) and TV-HDMI (LG C1) hooked up. If my monitor is on, GSync works fine on both devices.
If I turn off my monitor, Nvidia Control Panel CLAIMS GSync is enabled but my TV does not see a GSync signal. Turn my monitor back on, both flicker, GSync works again and Nvidia says both are getting GSync and are.

Tried extending displays, duplicating displays, same result. C1 is compatible but not certified from what I am reading. In game mode of the TV toggling G-Sync and (AMD) Freesync cause the same flicker but doesn't trigger the GSync signal, just a game crash.

Drivers reinstalled, Windows is minty fresh. I dunno.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Probably just a glitch between Displayport and Hdmi. I have C1 also but not multi display setup. Try toggle Gsync in TV menu off/on after turning off monitor.

I think it might be worth mentioning this at Geforce forums so Nvidia can have a look to see if they can improve this in drivers.

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
Probably just a glitch between Displayport and Hdmi. I have C1 also but not multi display setup. Try toggle Gsync in TV menu off/on after turning off monitor.

I think it might be worth mentioning this at Geforce forums so Nvidia can have a look to see if they can improve this in drivers.
I'll head over there but toggling after the monitor is off doesn't trigger it. It tries to, the screen flashes but VRR is still off, no GSync icon in the VRR box. (since you have a C1 i assume you know what I'm talking about).

No need to bump. Users will get back to you when they can.

Have you tried updating your bios? What bios are you running? You should be running version 7D31v1E.

Are you OC'ing both CPU and GPU?

Also, you appear to have flashed the vbios to the GPU. This may not be supported by the manufacturer. This could very well be the issue.

Can you roll back the flash? I'd start there.

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
No need to bump. Users will get back to you when they can.

Have you tried updating your bios? What bios are you running? You should be running version 7D31v1E.

Are you OC'ing both CPU and GPU?

Also, you appear to have flashed the vbios to the GPU. This may not be supported by the manufacturer. This could very well be the issue.

Can you roll back the flash? I'd start there.
I'll never understand the bumping here (TH). I digress.

Anyway to the point @Roland Of Gilead
I had a different issue the other day (posted in system) about not being able to get into the BIOS. Probably should have referenced that thread.

There i mentioned that I did everything short (since it wasn't relevant) of a windows install i did everything from a MB Update, Flashing back stock vBIOS. The monitor shouldn't matter but I'm absolutely not updating the firmware for that, 75% chance with MSI monitors that you brick them. Fresh installed video drivers with DDU. TV firmware is the latest. Everything was reseated.

I think there's just an unidentified incompatibility somewhere if it's not something simple I've overlooked. I still can't see the BIOS with the iGPU, I still only have a 8 out of 10 success rate seeing the BIOS on any monitor with any cable interface.

Last edited:

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
No, it's a mess over there and Nvidia doesnt give a damn.

I found another bandaid for the solution. I changed my monitors power button to me standby rather than shutdown. Now I turn it off, GSync stays on.

I always have dumb problems like these. I don't get it.

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
I don't think many would have Gsync over two different interfaces, DP + Hdmi 2.1. If more had that setup there'd probably be more a fuss.
I just mean in general. When people ask me to fix their computers, no problem. Might not be instant but I get it fixed.

My computers i always have these obscure issues that nobody seems to have had, heard of, or know how to fix lol