[SOLVED] G Sync monitors worth it?

zxvipers

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2016
I have a 2070 super which is great for me at 1440p, however, my monitor doesn't have g sync or freesync so I was considering upgrading to a new monitor with g sync, the AOC AGON AG352UCG6 or Acer Predator Z35P. However, I don't really know if it's entirely worth it because I do get screen tearig on games where I'm under 144hz and a bit of mouse lag, but I've had a look at g sync where people are getting flickering issues and was wondering whether it's a common thing and is it worth the upgrade.

Solution
Been using G-SYNC a few years now...haven't looked back :) First was a 4K 60Hz G-SYNC panel was an ASUS PG27AQ. Even when compared to previous standard 60Hz monitor, was quite a difference in my opinion. Freesync or Freesync 2 are options now as well for Nvidia users. I haven't noticed flickering or other issues relating to that that you mention, no extra input lag either. If I recall from research, adaptive sync technology will provide smoother gaming than standard high-refresh monitors.
Been using G-SYNC a few years now...haven't looked back :) First was a 4K 60Hz G-SYNC panel was an ASUS PG27AQ. Even when compared to previous standard 60Hz monitor, was quite a difference in my opinion. Freesync or Freesync 2 are options now as well for Nvidia users. I haven't noticed flickering or other issues relating to that that you mention, no extra input lag either. If I recall from research, adaptive sync technology will provide smoother gaming than standard high-refresh monitors.

Reactions: zxvipers
Solution

zxvipers

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2016
Alright I was just worried as a lot of people were saying there's a lot of issues with gsync with flickering, I'll probably end up buying the z35p by acer as it's only £ 550

Should be a great choice :) Had an Ultrawide 3440 x 1440 myself awhile back, Jan 17' or so if I recall. Dell U3415W sounds about right. Was a great screen, but just wasn't really suited for gaming. 60Hz, and no adaptive sync technology. Very immersive though. Think you'll be quite impressed by your choice, and it should work well for many years to come.

Reactions: zxvipers