G-Sync not working

ZipurGamign

Honorable
Oct 23, 2016
Before I had microstuttering, but now it is worse.

After tucking with overclocking on my GPU (followed a guide), I started getting insane screen tearing. I have set the GPU settings back to normal, but I still get tearing. I am running games at 144fps on a 165 hz monitor (currently set to 144hz).

I heard that you need to set your fps limiter in game to 142, or else gsync will not work. I did this, but I still get screen tearing sometimes. I don't understand why I get screen tearing when i have g-sync. In game I have vsync and reduced buffering turned off. In nvidia control panel v-sync is turned off (even worse with on).

If I turn on v-sync there is no tearing but there might be a little input lag. If I try to record with v-ync on I instantly drop to 70 fps.

Monitor: Rog Swift PG279Q
GPU: ASUS ROG GTX 1080ti 11GB OC

I have tried both Overwatch and Counter-Strike: Source, both have different tearing issues.

Lutfij

Titan
Are you trying to stream/record off the same system you're gaming off of? Mind sharing your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Prior to any tweaking, which driver revision were you on? Which driver revision are you on? Apart from the two titles mentioned(above) does this issue present itself on other titles?

ZipurGamign

Honorable
Oct 23, 2016
CPU: Intel i7-7700k
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z270F Gaming
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16GB
SSD/HDD: Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 SSD and Seagate Firecuda 2TB 3.5" SSHD x2 (overwatch)
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix Gaming
PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W
Chassis: Phanteks Eclipse P400S Glass Silent
Current driver version (geforce experience): 416.34