Jan 27, 2020
Looking to replace my current monitor with a higher resolution model and was wondering if it's G-Sync is compatible. The MSI Optix MAG271CQR can support G-Sync according to MSI but they don't mention the MAG322CQRV in their list. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with this monitor.

Any help is appreciated.

Solution
Nvidia doesn't list ANY MSI monitors with Freesync as being G-sync compatible, officially, and I don't see that model listed here:

https://www.esportstales.com/tech-t...patible-freesync-monitors-tested-by-community

Nor do I see any mention of it being G-sync compatible on the MSI product page for that monitor despite you saying that they they say so. I don't see that on the product page or on it's data sheet, at all.

My advice would be that it might be, to some degree, but that there are probably issues when using G-sync as there are with a number of Freesync models that are not officially or unofficially listed on any of the known listing sites.

I would try to stick to models that are known to be...
Nvidia doesn't list ANY MSI monitors with Freesync as being G-sync compatible, officially, and I don't see that model listed here:

https://www.esportstales.com/tech-t...patible-freesync-monitors-tested-by-community

Nor do I see any mention of it being G-sync compatible on the MSI product page for that monitor despite you saying that they they say so. I don't see that on the product page or on it's data sheet, at all.

My advice would be that it might be, to some degree, but that there are probably issues when using G-sync as there are with a number of Freesync models that are not officially or unofficially listed on any of the known listing sites.

I would try to stick to models that are known to be compatible and have been verified, if you wish to avoid problems.

My advice would be, if you can live without the curved feature, that you look at this LG model. I and several others around here have one or more of these and they are 32", 1440p, 1ms motion reduction 4ms GTG, Freesync, G-sync compatible verified, and are great panels to boot with terrific color, uniformity and performance.

You can typically get them for around 299.00 through Microcenter and can find them at that price elsewhere frequently as well since they tend to go on sale often. You might have to wait like I did for the right price to come around unless you live near a Microcenter or can order online through them.

Reactions: Yan LLawrue
Solution