[SOLVED] G-Sync Option Available After Update

Keithngan162

Honorable
Apr 17, 2016
I updated my laptop's 2060's drivers to 456.71. After updating, I got a notification to set up my g sync in the nvidia control panel. However I don't believe neither my laptop's screen nor my Acer VG270p monitor support G-Sync. When I enable G-Sync on the control panel my Monitor goes black and come back to life, I just turned it off to be safe. Did the new nvidia driver update give g-sync support to my monitor or something?

My Laptop: Lenovo Legion Y740 15 inch
Monitor: Acer VG270p (connected via mini DP to DP)
I turn off my laptop's screen when the monitor is connected.

Solution
It all depends on the Monitor you are using. If the monitor does not support G-Sync technolgy, then there is no point in turning G-Sync on. If you switch back to your laptop's monitor, then try G-Sync out and see if there is any diference in how games look and sync with the monitor. If G-Sync on provides better quality gaming that G-Sync off, then leave G-Sync on. If it a miniscule or small difference, I suggest you leave it off

TechGuruGames

Honorable
Sep 19, 2015
It all depends on the Monitor you are using. If the monitor does not support G-Sync technolgy, then there is no point in turning G-Sync on. If you switch back to your laptop's monitor, then try G-Sync out and see if there is any diference in how games look and sync with the monitor. If G-Sync on provides better quality gaming that G-Sync off, then leave G-Sync on. If it a miniscule or small difference, I suggest you leave it off

Solution

TRENDING THREADS