Question G-sync or monitor settings?

Zombehh

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2014
Hello guys, I recently bought a new monitor that supports G-sync, I have it turned on but dont really like the color calibration on it(it looks kind of dim), the monitor doesn't let me change the picture mode presets with it on so I was wondering if it was even worth it having G-sync on? The monitor also has other settings that get disabled with g-sync on like low input lag and response time, i know that's what g-sync does but i was wondering if there would be a huge difference if i turn off g-sync and use the regular monitor settings

NanoSuit3

Honorable
Jun 1, 2017
G-SYNC by far to me is a go to. Anything that would at least reduce that little micromicrostutter would suffice for gameplay. Even turning on Fast Sync with with on will basically make gameplay look like a console. Idk, stating opinion instead of facts rn.....................

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
VRR or not basically. If you don't want screen tearing you either use V-Sync (adds latency, and can still tear if your computer isn't up to it) or Variable Refresh Rate technologies like FreeSync or G-Sync which hand the monitor refresh rate over to the GPU.

I would think you would still be able to mess with colors using the Nvidia control panel or the monitor directly.