g sync question

the-sentinel

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015
i bought an asus rog swift monitor. when i play for example dayz sa or pro evo 2015 with gsync on in nvidia control panel and vsync on in the game my fraps shows max 60fps. the monitor itself has a refresh rate of 144mhz so here is my question. How to set up gsync so when i play the game i get more than 60fps?

the-sentinel

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015
it still shows max 60fps when i turn it off. As i said earlier, in nvidia control panel > manage 3d settings > vertical sync > i set G-SYNC option. Do you think that would be a problem?

The game may have a built in frame rate limit.

You can try to use a setting in the Nvidia control panel Manage 3d settings -> Global or Program settings(depends on your use, games like skyrim can go nuts at higher refresh/frame rates) -> Preferred refresh rate (your screen here) - > highest available

Many games will use the current refresh rate of the desktop so set your desktop to 144 may fix the issue for many games too.

the-sentinel

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015
when i was playing the same games on my old 60hz monitor fraps was showing 90-120. of course i wasnt getting it but now when i can its the other way round. in vertical sync option ive set gsync in both global settings and program settings.

the-sentinel

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015
in the monitor properties it says 144hz. no i did not install anything, on the cd included i only have got the manual, nvidia gpu drivers and some PG278Q_WHQL folder. the nvidia gpu folder contains an application with drivers but every time i want to run it freezes.

When i play games the red light is on which means the gsync is on and thats good, but my fps are locked to 60hz. in properties i set the monitor refresh rate to 144hz and it is 144hz because desktop feels very smooth.

the-sentinel

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015
ive tried fifa 15 now. in settings i clicked on 'no limit in FPS' instead of 'lock to 60' and i was still getting max 60fps. Does anyone know where i can download drivers for Asus rog swift PG278Q?