[SOLVED] G Sync vs Freesync 144hz monitor with GTX 1060

madam0305

Reputable
Nov 27, 2016
Hi,

I am planning to buy my first 144hz 1080p monitor but suddenly i fall in the darkness of G sync and free sync... I have a GTX 1060, so far i know g sync is matching with Nvidia. But is it really worth the extra money to spend on monitor with G sync, and why? What is the downside if I go for the regular freesync? Basically everything around the 300 euros price range are freesync screens and i don't feel the need to spend more than that on a monitor.

Can you please give me some light in this case? Thanks!

Solution
FreeSync monitors will just act as a normal monitor when connected to an NVIDIA GPU. So the question is really equivalent to "G-Sync vs non-G-Sync monitor", and therefore just becomes "is it worth it to spend the extra for G-Sync"..

For 1080p 144 Hz monitors, the G-Sync tax is a huge percentage of the monitor's cost, so it is not worth it for most people.
FreeSync monitors will just act as a normal monitor when connected to an NVIDIA GPU. So the question is really equivalent to "G-Sync vs non-G-Sync monitor", and therefore just becomes "is it worth it to spend the extra for G-Sync"..

For 1080p 144 Hz monitors, the G-Sync tax is a huge percentage of the monitor's cost, so it is not worth it for most people.

Solution

Latest posts