G1 Gaming 970 0% fan speed, how to?

MatthewScott

Reputable
May 6, 2014
I recently got this card and I am using MSI afterburner to set a fan curve for it (I've done this before so I'm not new to this) and I've set the fans to run at 0% at below 30degrees.

HOWEVER, the fans are currently spinning at a minimum of 34% at 24degrees, not 0%.

Can anyone explain why this is not working? I've seen someone do it on youtube and it worked fine with my ASUS card

Solution
The Gigabyte Gaming G1 doesn't have an idle fan mode, not sure how the person on the YouTube video did it or how you did it with your old ASUS card though, it depends on the fan motor.

scorpionadiga

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015

Factory build has limits... so even if you put your fan on 100% speed it is not actually 100%.. the same way goes to reducing speed !! The Asus 900 series factory default have 0% fan speed till 50-60c.. On some cards like yours you simply can't turn your fan off !!

Rynhe

Reputable
Jul 4, 2014
the gpu cooler must be set to always spin even if you set it to 0%, i believe thats the reason... did you try OC guru? it should come by default in Gigabyte gpu's as it comes by default maybe it will be able to do that task