G1 GTX 970 - Odd colors on screen/color distortion when playing videos

justinf10000

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016
I've posted questions about this many times and none has had an answer for me so far. Geforce support doesnt help either. I will explain what happens and show some pics that clearly show what I'm talking about.

What happens:
When watching anime videos or any kind of video that uses graphic processing, certain colors get distorted. If i leave these colors on the screen for too long, eventually the whole monitor will turn neon green/purple until I change the resolution and change it back, or unplug the HDMI cord from the GPU and plug it back in (this is impossible to grab a screenshot of as it seems like it happens only on my monitor, the screenshot will look normal to all of you).

This only happens when the video is full screen and happens with all video players. It even happens from streaming video from youtube or etc.

Below are some screenshots of the color distortions

http://imgur.com/a/wPq1N

Below is my complete build:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/justinf10000/saved/92JJ7P

It's important to note that I am running my PC on to my 42 inch vizio tv at 1080p, 1920 x 1080

Somebody please help me fix this or im going to RMA the card. I can't find a solution anywhere!!

Thanks in advance!

justinf10000

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016
Just unplugged my monitor and replugged it in.. I just realized none of those screenshots will help u guys as they all look normal to me now again. This is frustrating.

It seems the graphical errors happen where shadows begin/start if that helps anyone.

cosmoji

Reputable
Aug 7, 2015
i would almost say this is an issue with the display...

not, to be honest, i cant see anything wrong with your screenshots, but 1) im quite colorblind and 2) you said they dont always show in screencaps.

however, i have 2 of those cards, and never see any issue like that. while my colorblindness may stop me from seeing any small changes, your description of how bad it gets i would certainly see. im also using a computer monitor mainly. i have my 55" vizio hooked up and the display duplicated for when i want to use it, but usually i am not.

what have you done in the nvidia control panels video settings?

justinf10000

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016

Yeah i just realized that you won't be able to see anything in my screen caps. I just changed my HDMI cord and the problem still persists so I don't think the cable is at fault.

I haven't changed anything around in NVIDIA control panel. Everything is still at default settings.

ddr250

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016
Maybe your HDMI cable is corrupted or the GPU Driver is not stable.
Try using other HDMI cables, if the problem appear again, just re-install your GPU Driver on an different or older version, because not every time the newest drivers are stable. And when for the first time happened this problem, or from the beginning, when you bought your PC?
Hope this helps! ;)

justinf10000

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016

HDMI cord is not the problem. Issue only happens with this GPU. The onboard graphics doesn't cause the problem. Also tried uninstalling/installing the drivers, it doesn't fix anything either.