Question G16 Rog odd sound?

OnlyAlex

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
Hi everyone, I have a relatively new ASUS G16 and have had this issue since the start, I’m not too concerned about it but just wanted to definitely check it’s coil whine?

The issue mainly occurs when the G16 is on battery mode, as soon as I plug in the AC adapter the issue tends to go away / reduce.

It sounds quite loud on the audio recording, but you can’t heard it unless you’re in a silent room.

Is this coil whine which doesn’t affect the functionality of the device? It isn’t there all the time and is dependent on what is loading.

Many thanks

Lutfij

Titan
I would try and see if the laptop has any BIOS updates pending. As for the laptop, does the noise only come on when you're on the wall outlet power? If so, I'd also bring your seller/Asus into the matter with an email. It's coil whine if the noise doesn't ramp up or die down with CPU usage(assuming it's the CPU's fan).

Reactions: OnlyAlex

OnlyAlex

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
I would try and see if the laptop has any BIOS updates pending. As for the laptop, does the noise only come on when you're on the wall outlet power? If so, I'd also bring your seller/Asus into the matter with an email. It's coil whine if the noise doesn't ramp up or die down with CPU usage(assuming it's the CPU's fan).
Hi. Thanks for replying. No pending BIOS updates. No, the noise is there without being plugged into the wall outlet too.

TRENDING THREADS