G3258 Real World Experiences?

Connor Boyle

Reputable
Jul 22, 2014
Gaming benchmarks are very promising for this chip! Really exciting (I know old news). How much GPU can this guy handle when OC'd to a modest 4.3+Ghz clock speed. I have a 4700MQ that I could use for anything I could really think of that utilises more than 2 cores (surely?).

That's where I would appreciate some help. I know the dual core will present a slight bottleneck, but I could see fitting a 270/80x in here and not comprising much in fps (As opposed to say an i5). But in real world scenarios, will the dual core present any hiccups? I haven't had a dual core cpu for a long time. If I'm running a VOIP client, a game, some web pages and perhaps iTunes, is this processor going to cause some trouble?

Remember, I have a quad core i7, and would love to build my own PC to play games, but also be the PC I come home to. I think this CPU is a gem and I'd like to think it would suit my needs (I dont want to spend unneccessary cash on a CPU if I can afford to). Where will this dual core suffer?

Cheers!

I think as much as a gtx 760 or a 270x/280 would be ok, some bottleneck in places but it would still be a good setup imo

liviupopa1985

Reputable
Jul 22, 2014
I have recently bought a G3258 and can say Watch Dogs was framing even on low settings at default speed. However, when overclocked to 4.0 it can really keep up with my GTX 750Ti. I hope this helps.

Watch dogs is one of only a very small number of games that the G3258 really struggles with, but WD is poorly coded anyway

Beezy

Dignified
think of it like the i3. Older games will do better, but with mutlicore support stealing the spotlight these days i imagine the g3258 will become a less viable option over the next two years.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S CPUs 10

ASK THE COMMUNITY