[SOLVED] G402 help needed!

DrakeJr

Reputable
Jul 13, 2017
Hello yall, hope you are having a good day.
So i recently bought this Logitech g402 (ik a bit outdated but i like it and its cheap :/) and it was working fine. Recently my lil bro was using it and like bashing all the buttons so hard. After that i feel like the rmb of it is kinda loose. If you touch it like from below and move it upward it kinda moves easily like wiggles up and down.idk if its made this way or my lil brother did this. And im ocd (dont mind ://) so i want to know if its meant to be this way(built this way) or did he ruin it.If so then shouldnt their built quality be a bit stronger than it. If any g402 user can give suggestion it would be appreciated.Thanks alot

Solution
"rmb" being/meaning "right mouse button" - correct?

G402 reviews are generally very good.

If the button is loose or otherwise has a different feel then your brother likely broke or damaged it.

Another round of similar use may cause that button or other buttons to break or fail.

One way to be sure is to go to a store and test the same model mouse there - if at all possible.

Store models are also generally mistreated but a comparison of any sort could be helpful. Do you know anyone else with the same mouse?

Ralston18

Titan
"rmb" being/meaning "right mouse button" - correct?

G402 reviews are generally very good.

If the button is loose or otherwise has a different feel then your brother likely broke or damaged it.

Another round of similar use may cause that button or other buttons to break or fail.

One way to be sure is to go to a store and test the same model mouse there - if at all possible.

Store models are also generally mistreated but a comparison of any sort could be helpful. Do you know anyone else with the same mouse?

Reactions: DrakeJr
Solution

DrakeJr

Reputable
Jul 13, 2017
Yes i do mean right mouse button.
Its working fine tho its just that feel.
No unfortunately none of my mates use a g402. If you yourself own it or something can you please confirm that if its rmb(when touched from below towards upward wiggles up and down a bit) is supposed to be fixed and tight completly or is it made this way
P.s sorry english isnt my first language.
Ty for taking the time to respond

Hello yall, hope you are having a good day.
So i recently bought this Logitech g402 (ik a bit outdated but i like it and its cheap :/) and it was working fine. Recently my lil bro was using it and like bashing all the buttons so hard. After that i feel like the rmb of it is kinda loose. If you touch it like from below and move it upward it kinda moves easily like wiggles up and down.idk if its made this way or my lil brother did this. And im ocd (dont mind ://) so i want to know if its meant to be this way(built this way) or did he ruin it.If so then shouldnt their built quality be a bit stronger than it. If any g402 user can give suggestion it would be appreciated.Thanks alot

If it feels different now after you brother used it, you already have your answer, something was damaged or at least knocked loose. Contact Logitech support and see what they say about the button, they may replace it.