G402 illumination issue

sharan1997

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
Hello there helpful community,

I've pruchased a logitech G402 gaming mouse from eBay a month or two ago. Ever since day one, I had an issue with it's illumination. The mouse is updated with the latest drivers and I do use the latest LGS (Logitech Gaming Software). The illumination works and I've checked everything on the settings. The lighting settings were default.

The issue is that after some time of use (maybe minutes or hours), the DPI switch indicator led does not illuminate OR both the logitech logo and the DPI indicator does not illuminate. If I try to increase/decrease the DPI, it does not illuminate. It occurs more frequently (I think) when I start a game.I recently turned off "allow games to control illumination", it still did not fix the issue.

I had this issue when the light settings were on default ( default brightness and breathing effect on, sleep timer disabled, DPI lighting "always on" unticked).
I changed the light settings to breathing effect off and DPI lighting always on. (sleep timer still disabled), the issue still persists.

Has any of you had this issue? I couldn't find any forums regarding the illumination of this mouse. Please help if you know/can suggest anything, it will be much appreciated.