G4560 performance question

Wutse

Honorable
Nov 17, 2015
Hey guys

I'm looking to build a budget gaming pc to place in the livingroom (i have i7 ,gtx1070 combo in the gameroom)

I was thinking to go with the g4560 on a budget h110 or b250 bord and a small 1050ti

Now i was wondering how the normal usage in windows is of this small cpu?

Coming from an i7 i suspect this to be slow.

Mod Edit for language

Solution
Having multiple tabs open is more of a ram concern. When the g4560 came out it made some significant changes. In the past when intel reintroduced the throwback to the old light 2 core pentiums they were just that, 2c/2t cpu's. The i3 was a step up because it was a dual core with hyper threading, so 2c/4t and that was the main difference between the two. When the newer g4560 came out intel gave the pentium hyper threading, so it's basically an i3 now.

The i3 7100 is more expensive but it's only 400mhz faster. Same amount of cache. Only a few minor differences exist, the i3 has a slightly better igpu (which doesn't matter if you plan to use a 1050ti) and supports things like optane memory that the pentium doesn't etc. An i5 would go...

Wutse

Honorable
Nov 17, 2015
Really? I actually thought this was gonna be a bit of deal breaker... i do use it for watching youtube and twitch with multible tabs open in chrome for example.

Ryzen 1400 is 169 euros in belgium ... so that was already out of the question ... even the 6100 is 120 euros or so while this one is 69,99

Having multiple tabs open is more of a ram concern. When the g4560 came out it made some significant changes. In the past when intel reintroduced the throwback to the old light 2 core pentiums they were just that, 2c/2t cpu's. The i3 was a step up because it was a dual core with hyper threading, so 2c/4t and that was the main difference between the two. When the newer g4560 came out intel gave the pentium hyper threading, so it's basically an i3 now.

The i3 7100 is more expensive but it's only 400mhz faster. Same amount of cache. Only a few minor differences exist, the i3 has a slightly better igpu (which doesn't matter if you plan to use a 1050ti) and supports things like optane memory that the pentium doesn't etc. An i5 would go largely wasted on basic web browsing and watching twitch or youtube, an i7 would would be even further overkill.

As an example right now I'm using a 4690k i5 with 8gb of ddr3. I have two instances of chrome open with 15 tabs open between the two, an instance of vivaldi open, a tab in each browser have a full screen flash game open, photoshop is open, calculator, a/v, realtemp's running, notepad is open and I'm only using 6gb of ram and the cpu's at around 45% usage (mostly due to vivaldi which is far worse on cpu performance than chrome). After closing only vivaldi cpu usage dropped to 5-10% use and ram dropped to 5gb used.

Solution