G5 absolutely trampled by PCs

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
G

>Wait untill full 64-bit apps come out for the g5

Well, better wait for a "full" 64 bit OS. Linux aside, there isnt even one on the horizon for the G5 afaik

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

shadus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2003
> after a couple weeks of having windows installed
> it will perform like a 386sx...

Wow, a troll saying an ALMOST truth. Let's fix that sentance...

"After a couple months of having Windows 95 or Windows 98 installed it will perform like a 386sx..."

Of course if you use 98se or XP you are good for at least a year unless you click "yes" on all the popup boxes on the web.

Shadus

imgod2u

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2002
Let's clarify that even more.

"After months of running Windows 95/98 and installing tons of horrible software and leaving it on for weeks at a time, not to mention install everything on the web and not run an antivirus, defrag, or ever doing any maintenance, pretty much being a complete idiot, it'll slow down a P4 1.6 system to the speed of a P2 450."

"We are Microsoft, resistance is futile." - Bill Gates, 2015.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
"After months of running Windows 95/98 and installing tons of horrible software and leaving it on for weeks at a time, not to mention install everything on the web and not run an antivirus, defrag, or ever doing any maintenance, pretty much being a complete idiot, it'll slow down a P4 1.6 system to the speed of a P2 450."
**ROFL** That sounds about right to me. Don't forget refusing to install any Windows Updates or run any spyware removal tools though. :)

God forbid that users be in any way responsible for how they use.

And I suppose that it's somehow better to not even have the choices of how to use because there's just no such thing as an educated user so no one deserves those options.

<pre><b><font color=red>I've always wondered why people liken the taste of blood to copper.
It tastes much more like iron to me.
<- :evil: - :evil: - :evil: - :evil: - :evil: -></font color=red></b></pre><p>

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
So can I. it just happens that I rarely (well, never actually) make positive statements about something i don't know for fact. If I'm not sure, I will always say so.
Did I or did I not make it quite clear that the information came from a source outside of myself?

And of course god strike me down for actually trusting a coworker. <sarcasm><i>We can't possibly have trust in the workplace. Imagine how awful THAT would be.</i></sarcasm>

<pre><b><font color=red>I've always wondered why people liken the taste of blood to copper.
It tastes much more like iron to me.
<- :evil: - :evil: - :evil: - :evil: - :evil: -></font color=red></b></pre><p>

eden

Champion
LOL, we have had so many [insert CPU name here]_Inside users in the past.

Your writing is familiar. So, who's hiding under this fake user?

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol:

G

>Did I or did I not make it quite clear that the information
>came from a source outside of myself?

Yeah, but even after I gave you plenty of proof that such a thing is simply impossible, you still used that hearsay hoax as an argument to prove me wrong in a .. kinda.. well.. desperate attempt.

Just like you used your creative fantasy to proof how "utterly wrong" my reasoning was on the VM thing, when you thought you could implement some 'private virtual memory' in software, exceeding 32 bits on a 32 bit cpu. Another rather desperate attempt.. but everytime you sceam "wrong wrong wrong" and "you're clueless" nevertheless.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
The only reason why there are so few viruses and worms for OSX is because NOBODY GIVES A <PEEP>! When you want to spread havoc among as many people as possible (essentially the only point of a virus or worm), you write it so that it affects as many people as possible (i.e., FOR WINDOWS). I hate to break it to you, but the only thing Apple has going for them is their music department--iPods and iTunes really are great products, oh yeah, and they're both for WINDOWS as well.

Now get out of here, like I said before.

RDRAM = ENEMY

g5_inside

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2003
silly microsoft fanboys...

I love the way you have to 'activate' your OS after you install it or if you add new hardware.. with apple it's just plug-and-play!

WindowsXP is still a piece of junk, you can't compare that to something based off unix...

eden

Champion
You're arousing me...

Wanna go wild Macboy?

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol:

cdpage

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2001
You're arousing me...

Wanna go wild Macboy?
LOL

i like this guy, wether he is a user in disgues or not! he's so cute! let's keep him!

ASUS P4S8X - P4 2.4B - 2 x 512M DDR333 - ATI 9500 Pro(Sapphire) - WD 80G HD (8M Buffer) - SAMSUNG SV0844D 8G HD - LG 16X DVD - Yamaha F1 CDRW - Iomega Zip 250 int.