[SOLVED] G502 Defective Impacts PC?

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
I contacted Logitech support because my mouse seemed to be sending random clicking signals sometimes and recently it was disconnecting and reconnecting often,they told me to stop using the defective mouse as it could cause damages to my computer,what kind of damages are we talking about and should I be fine to continue using it?

Solution
Well, I guess they are saying that because it's 'defective', i.e random clicking, then it might be prudent to stop using it. In case you accidentally delete some important file etc.

Using it is obviously problematic. You could try updating the software for the mouse if you haven't already. Make sure Windows is up to do date, along with all your system drivers for your PC. Then plug it in and check again. I suspect it's possibly a software /driver glitch, which could be causing the mouse to act strangely.

The mouse cable could be faulty. The mouse sensors could be faulty. There are a number of reasons why your mouse isn't working. Trying different fixes may help.
Well, I guess they are saying that because it's 'defective', i.e random clicking, then it might be prudent to stop using it. In case you accidentally delete some important file etc.

Using it is obviously problematic. You could try updating the software for the mouse if you haven't already. Make sure Windows is up to do date, along with all your system drivers for your PC. Then plug it in and check again. I suspect it's possibly a software /driver glitch, which could be causing the mouse to act strangely.

The mouse cable could be faulty. The mouse sensors could be faulty. There are a number of reasons why your mouse isn't working. Trying different fixes may help.

Solution

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019

I definitely did experience some random clicking,but luckily nothing was downloaded,just like a few links in a chat I was in, I thought it would physically damage my Pc,otherwise I’m being very cautious with what sites I’m on so my mouse doesn’t accidentally click,thanks!