[SOLVED] g512 Romer-g linear or tactile?

FastbackNL

Reputable
May 27, 2019
Hello y'all.
I was thinking of buying a new keyboard and since the g512 is in the discount i would like that keyboard.
But they have a couple types of switches but i love the Romer-g switches.
So it will we 1 of the 2 Romer-g switches.
So you have tactile and linear but i don't know the differences. I also love brown switches so which is more like a brown switch?
I thought the linear switch was brown and the tactile was red but i don't know if i am correct.
So my question is which of these 2 romer-g switches are the most look-a-like brown switch?

Thanks for reading and i am hoping for some replies!

Solution
mostly a razer fanboy, so cant compare to cherrys
but, linear switches are much easier to type on, but only for long periods.
they feel suuuuper mushy, in a good way. (razer yellow switch)

but tactile is more a standard mechanical feel, with a definete click and a satisfying bottoming.

i suggest going with tactile, especially if you game or only chat with short sentences.

if you can, go to a store and check both out, first time i tried linear it was wild but it just felt not as good

but tactile is more a standard mechanical feel, with a definete click and a satisfying bottoming.

i suggest going with tactile, especially if you game or only chat with short sentences.

if you can, go to a store and check both out, first time i tried linear it was wild but it just felt not as good

Solution

FastbackNL

Reputable
May 27, 2019

Yeah, But i need ot know which is more like a brown switch and which is more like a red switch

I hear you know more about razer.... So which is like the clicky which is the silent and which is the middle (brown)?
they have only a few switches
razer green, yellow, orange, purple and red
purple and red are laser keyboards ("opto mechanical")
the rest are mechnical
green is full tactile and clicky, while the orange is the same but silent.

the yellow is completly different in every way. cant explain it, just feels mushy in a good way, quiet but not silent like the orange, and is really easy to type paragraphs on, unlike the greens i have, which are quite "heavy". not hulk typing heavy but they are fatiguing if you type paragraphes like i just did.

FastbackNL

Reputable
May 27, 2019
they have only a few switches
razer green, yellow, orange, purple and red
purple and red are laser keyboards ("opto mechanical")
the rest are mechnical
green is full tactile and clicky, while the orange is the same but silent.

the yellow is completly different in every way. cant explain it, just feels mushy in a good way, quiet but not silent like the orange, and is really easy to type paragraphs on, unlike the greens i have, which are quite "heavy". not hulk typing heavy but they are fatiguing if you type paragraphes like i just did.
Ok thanks! now i know the browns are called tactile! (y):sneaky: