Question G710+ space bar becoming disconnected

Tom_nerd

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
I received a G710+ about a month ago from a friend (which means that it has no warranty) who has had it for a while because accidentally ordered 2 so I got the other one. I started using it in my setup at home and quickly noticed that if I hit the space bar close to the edges, the key stops hitting the actual switch and starts hitting the stabilizers and not the switch, this is quite annoying when typing because the space bar will randomly stop working and I would have to whack it in the center. I was wondering if there was a fix or something.

thanks in advance,
Tom

Lutfij

Titan
There isn't a fix to the keyboard, more so a design flaw where you need to have the thumb in an area where the actuation happens. I've worked with other Logitech keyboards and some exhibit the problem you've faced when the stabilizer is knocked out. My backspace(on my G105 apparently collapses on itself since the stabilizer comes off loose, I have to take the keycap off and adjust the stabilizer...more often then I'd like to.

Tom_nerd

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
There isn't a fix to the keyboard, more so a design flaw where you need to have the thumb in an area where the actuation happens. I've worked with other Logitech keyboards and some exhibit the problem you've faced when the stabilizer is knocked out. My backspace(on my G105 apparently collapses on itself since the stabilizer comes off loose, I have to take the keycap off and adjust the stabilizer...more often then I'd like to.
so does that mean there is no fix :-(