GA-78LMT-USB3 ssd sata drivers issue and freezing when crystal disk mark is used

rprathin

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012
I have migrated my OS which was previously on HDD to this new Samsung 860 evo 250 gb ssd but the issue which i am facing is the Samsung magician says the AHCI mode is disabled, i have tried everything like updating drivers, AHCI mode is already enabled in bios, i also tried to uninstall every AMD driver, AMD catalyst wont let me install the Chipset and sata drivers when i launch the amd catalyst it does not list the chipset, sata drivers only shows me GPU, USB 3.0, and some other AMD software.

SSD is connectted at Sata port 4.

Could not even run Crystal Disk mark as the PC freezes whenever i start the test.

Now i will be going to clean install the windows 10 64 bit as it looks like a driver issue to me, will it help my problem or everything would be same?

My Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 rev 5.0

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution

An SSD will be faster than a HDD, no mater how it's set up. Unfortunately a motherboard with an older AMD chipset is better suited to an older...

rprathin

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012
Did the complete install also everything is same as before, should i use my ssd in IDE mode or leave it as it is. Will it harm the ssd life span?

In device manager under storage controller there is no AMD only Microsoft storage space controller. Motherboard Manual says OS support Windows 7/XP.
Looks like i need to upgrade my pc. Cannot install chipset drivers as AMD catalyst wont show them.

Running the SSD in IDE mode would not do any harm.

rprathin

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012

I upgraded my pc with ssd thinking it would benefit me instead it was a waste of money alteast until i upgrade to intel 8 th gen.

An SSD will be faster than a HDD, no mater how it's set up. Unfortunately a motherboard with an older AMD chipset is better suited to an older operating system.

Solution

rprathin

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012

yes there is quite a difference from hdd. Till windows 7 everything was quite good no issues of drivers.
Just did the quick google gave me the result the AMD 760G chipset is now 10 years old.