GA-7DXR+ and Leadtek 6800GT

Hi all,
I recently got a Leadtek 6800GT, but my system fails the POST when
I put the card in. My motherboard doesn't seem to support it.

My system is:
CPU - AMD AthlonXP 1800+
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-7DXR+
RAM - 1GB, mixed brands
PSU - 400w (dunno the brand)
Graphics - Leadtek GeForce 6800GT
(trying to replace the GeForce4 MX440)

Now I know my system is old and in need of an upgrade, but I expected
the graphics card to at least work at AGP4x. The Mobo is AGP2x/4x, and
it's a universal AGP slot capable of 1.5v, and the BIOS is set to AGP4x.
So... is this Leadtek card not going to work with AGP4x at all?

When I turn the system on the board gives a long beep followed by two
short beeps. I read that this means it's an AGP issue...

Any help?
Thanks,

--

Vu.

Tim

Vu wrote:
> Hi all,
> I recently got a Leadtek 6800GT, but my system fails the POST when
> I put the card in. My motherboard doesn't seem to support it.
>
> My system is:
> CPU - AMD AthlonXP 1800+
> Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-7DXR+
> RAM - 1GB, mixed brands
> PSU - 400w (dunno the brand)
> Graphics - Leadtek GeForce 6800GT
> (trying to replace the GeForce4 MX440)
>
> Now I know my system is old and in need of an upgrade, but I expected
> the graphics card to at least work at AGP4x. The Mobo is AGP2x/4x, and
> it's a universal AGP slot capable of 1.5v, and the BIOS is set to AGP4x.
> So... is this Leadtek card not going to work with AGP4x at all?
>
> When I turn the system on the board gives a long beep followed by two
> short beeps. I read that this means it's an AGP issue...
>
> Any help?
> Thanks,

Did you hook up the two power connectors on the card to your power
supply? I know the 6800XT has them and they have to be connected for the
card to function. I think yours has at least one power connector, check
and make sure.

> Did you hook up the two power connectors on the card to your power
> supply? I know the 6800XT has them and they have to be connected for the
> card to function. I think yours has at least one power connector, check
> and make sure.

Thanks Tim, I think the card jest needed to be seated properly.
It all works now... although I don't think the PSU is quite up to it.
The card gives an irritatingly loud screech if the power connector
is not plugged in, letting you know it's not happy.

Vu.