GA-7VRXP : CT5880, Suround sound

malice3672

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
Ok, I just got a brand new 4.1 speaker set, but my 5.1 built in sound only has line in, line out, and mic jacks...
The Mobo I have is the Gigabyte GA-7VRXP

I thought there was a way turn the line in and line outs in two lines outs, one for rear and one for frount..

If anyone knows anything about the Creative CT5880, or anything about getting some directional Audio going here, I whould love the help, trying to play CS, and I want to be able to hear what direction sounds are coming from

Flakvin

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2002
I have the same motherboard, and I think the Creatve CT5880 chip is only capable of giving out 2.1 sound. I dont think you can attach 4.1 or 5.1 surround sound speakers to it :(

Check the 'Toms Hardware Article' on the 'KT333 Motherboard Roundup'.. I think that confirms it.

But, I could be wrong.......

deecue

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2002
yea..i have the same mobo... its a great mobo and i love it, but is only 2 channel audio. you should only have a line in and line out and mic. and really, that mobo is so good, i wouldnt worry about the audio and spring for a new board. right now im deciding between the fortissimo III and the TB Santa Cruz which supposibly both have amazing sound. but really, dont rely on the onboard audio (even if its 5.1). if you are really in to audio and have nice equiptment attached (such as a good pair of headphones) they can't supply enough power to drive them.

malice3672

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
IT can output 5.1 digatal, you just need a decoder of your own, I don'ty need to power my 400 watt speakers, they are self powered.