GA-8IK1100 and memory slots

Could someone please tell me which slots my two identical 512MB chips
need to be installed in for dual channel to work?
thanks

russell

That MOBO has 6 memory slots: slot 1, 2, 3 are in bank one (nearest the CPU)
and slots 4, 5, 6 are in bank two. You need 1 slot from bank 1 and the
corresponding slot from bank 2 to get dual channel; use the orange slot 1
and the orange slot 4 if those are your only 2 memory modules.

Hope this helps,
--
Russell Sullivan
http://tastycomputers.com

"sweets" <salkerst@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Could someone please tell me which slots my two identical 512MB chips
> need to be installed in for dual channel to work?
> thanks

TRENDING THREADS