GA-965P-S3 Blinking LED...help!

dglee

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
I just finished putting this system together with this board (GA-965P-S3) and an E6600 intel chip with 2GB RAM. I've connected everything, and when I try to power on, the LED on my case blinks, the fans (both case and CPU cooler) will spin for about a half second. everything shuts off, and then about three or four seconds later, the whole thing starts again.

this is the first time I'm using a GB board, but I like to think that I'm somewhat experienced at building systems. Is there something I've forgotten to do, or something I can do now to address this problem? I really don't want to have to send this thing back...any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

nibenentt

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Alot of that board does that mine does it whenever the computers been unplugged, and does it with about 1 second on every boot up. It doesn't affect the computer. (I have a thermaltake toughpower 750W cable management PSU which is pretty good and overkill for what im running currently

S2G

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
Not to sure about your fans but if you read your mobo manual there is an power LED connection that will blink when connected to your front panel led connector? Just a thought.... :)