[SOLVED] GA-970A-d3 - dual boot from the bios?

netrate

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
I have two hard drives, one win 7 and one win 10. I want to dual boot them . I wasn't sure if there is a built in process in the bios to allow this or I have to install separate software.
any ideas?

Solution
It is fine and thank you. No one can be blamed for their minds being in two places at once with everything happening now.

I just noticed something - is this a trial version only?
Also, which drive should I install it on? does it matter?
It's permanent and free for home use. You need to install it in OS on disk you chose to be main one and from which you boot most. Once you set your BOOT order and options you can uninstall it, doesn't need to be resident.
I have two hard drives, one win 7 and one win 10. I want to dual boot them . I wasn't sure if there is a built in process in the bios to allow this or I have to install separate software.
any ideas?
Just install each OS on own disk while the other one is disconnected , there's nothing in BIOS to regulate that. You will have to set one disk as default and will have to reboot and choose manually the other disk to boot from.
Or you could use https://www.yahoo.com/news/bill-gates-funding-factories-7-091314219.html install it on one of those disks whichever you want to be default and make a boot menu so you don't have to go to BIOS to switch OS.

netrate

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
It is fine and thank you. No one can be blamed for their minds being in two places at once with everything happening now.

Last edited:

It's permanent and free for home use. You need to install it in OS on disk you chose to be main one and from which you boot most. Once you set your BOOT order and options you can uninstall it, doesn't need to be resident.

Solution