GA - B85-D3H motherboard with Ubuntu - Will that work?

ksandeep9

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015
Hello,

I want to use the GA b85-d3h motherboard with ubuntu as my operating system. Is that motherboard compatible with linux? Are all the drivers available?

I am not keen on using a dedicated graphic card or sound card as I don't really need them.
The reason for choosing this motherboard is that it has built in HDMI port which I can connect to my TV for the occasional movie.

Can you suggest anything better?

-Krishna.

Solution
Morning,

Linux will usually 'auto' install all of the necessary drivers to run, pretty much any motherboard is compatible with Linux so your motherboard will be compatible, take my word for it.

Although the gigabyte page which hosts your board type does not show in the driver download area that it supports Linux although Linux does actually install the correct drivers ny it's self.

Just have a go, Linux is free and if it doesn't work then you'll have to just get Windows 7 or whatever though I have high hopes that it will work.

Regards,

NerdyComputerGuy

Distinguished
Morning,

Linux will usually 'auto' install all of the necessary drivers to run, pretty much any motherboard is compatible with Linux so your motherboard will be compatible, take my word for it.

Although the gigabyte page which hosts your board type does not show in the driver download area that it supports Linux although Linux does actually install the correct drivers ny it's self.

Just have a go, Linux is free and if it doesn't work then you'll have to just get Windows 7 or whatever though I have high hopes that it will work.

Regards,

Solution

TRENDING THREADS