GA-EP45-UD3P audio STUTTERING and hanging up

merockomole

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
ok this is the deal i recently bought this board to replace a dell modifyed foxxcon board that came out of a dell inspiron 530 i had the dell board in a antec 902 case but it was kinda lame (dell mobo) so I bought this board so i could overclock ect... so anyways I removed the old dell board from me antec case and replaced it with the ep45-ud3p along with the 450w corsair psu i had for the dell board... i replaced it with a 750w corsair modular psu, added 4 sticks of 1g gskill 800 ddr2 ram, a e8500 got it overclocked @ 3.80 but i noticed when i opened up the bios for the 1st time the cpu was throttled down to 2.66 i belive it was, when its default speed is 3.16ghz, slaped a evga 9600gt superclocked editon in it... also has a 500gb sata drive and a 60gb IDE drive now to what i think may be causing the problem originally the computer was a dell inspiron 530 i just choped it up and built this new computer as i went and got the extra money for the parts i wanted... I already had the OS (VITSA 32bit) installed on the 500gb sata drive cause that was the drive that came out of the dell 530 that had all its drivers installed on it (including latest 9600gt drivers) so after i got the gigabyte board and all the other hardware installed including the 500gb hdd the system took maybe 5mins to boot the first time it booted and i had all my stuff the same as i left it from my dell 530 i installed all the drivers for the board form the disk that came with the ep45 while i was downloading the latest drivers and bio later, updated to latest drivers and qflashed bios but after a few days of use i started noticing a clicking noise and a brief pause or hang up if you will with stuttering audio or no audio at all after this brief problem everything works fine but its a anoyance that i wanna fix also when i have CPUID hardware monitor or speedfan open while im using windows media player there is just stuttering audio every min or so but its not really a pattern just happens ever so often (this doesnt happen with cpu-z) but the system dosent hang up unless it makes that clicking noise it almost sounds like a click peerrrrww like somethings dumping power or something idk im kinda stumped never had this problem before with the inspiron 530 ill post my temps also from hwmonitor but any help will be appreciated im thinkin a clean format and vista install might work but thats alot of trouble because i have almost 60gb of music and 9games installed but if thats the case luckly i bought that external harddrive,also i get a windows activation notification in sys propertys but when i try to acctivate it, it says the key is invalid would i like to buy a new key or a diff copy of windows but i never changed the key im guessing that the OS was encrypted for dell computer use only but maybe a windows crack or key crack can fix it cause i did this once before on windows xp a long time ago i came across a windows xp registation key crack but anyways help me out guys/gals much help appreciated!!

bilbat

Splendid
e8500 got it overclocked @ 3.80 but i noticed when i opened up the bios for the 1st time the cpu was throttled down to 2.66 i belive it was, when its default speed is 3.16ghz
Uninstall any GB programs (EasyTune and/or DynamicEnergySaver) first, then, in the BIOS:

On the "Advanced BIOS Features" page, disable:

"CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)"
"C2/C2E State Support"
"C4/C4E State Support"
"CPU EIST Function"

and on the "MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)"

"C.I.A. 2" also to "Disabled"

stuttering audio or no audio at all after this brief problem everything works fine but its a anoyance that i wanna fix

Download the DPC lantency checker here:
http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml
run it - you may find something interesting!

As for registration cracks, homey don' play 'dat! Have to get someone else to help; or try a search at PirateBay (quick, before ownership is transferred to 'law-abiding ninnies'):
http://thepiratebay.org/

merockomole

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009

Alright well lets see i did have energy saver installed romoved it and rebooted but problem still exist.. while hardware monitor is open with the stuttering audio on wmp. I didnt have easytune istalled, I had all them bios setting set to disabled already i also have "gigabyte raid configurer" installed should i remove it also?

merockomole

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
ok i ran the latency test this was my results...

this was with cpuid hwmonitor OFF
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3754/goodl.jpg

now see what happens when i open hwmonitor
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3457/badamf.jpg

Now for as the clicking noise followed perrrw with the hang up i havnt heard it after i removed energy saver but it happens randomly and i never no when its gonna do it so ill repost about that if i get it agian...

But im guessing from what the latency check told me its a bad driver maybe i should just disable them individually while i have hwmonitor open to narrow down what hardware driver is doing it?

bilbat

Splendid
First, let's 'sort out' the problems here...

Uninstall any GB programs (EasyTune and/or DynamicEnergySaver) first, then, in the BIOS:

On the "Advanced BIOS Features" page, disable:

"CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)"
"C2/C2E State Support"
"C4/C4E State Support"
"CPU EIST Function"

and on the "MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)"

"C.I.A. 2" also to "Disabled"
These were meant to fix your 'down-clocking' problem - with all five of these disabled, your BIOS should no longer change your clocking/voltage...

Your DPCs pretty much say that HWMonitor is your problem...
this is mine with HWMonotorPro open:
0055w.jpg

Drop a note to hwmonitor@cpuid.com, noting your problem, your MOBO p/n, and include pointers to those two DPC graphics; they are excellent about supporting their stuff... You might try the beta of TMonitor, here:
http://www.cpuid.com/index.php
to see if it gives you additional info re who's 'stealing' control og your threads...

merockomole

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009

bilbat

Splendid
I wonder if Tmonitor installed a newer or revised ring zero component common to it and HWMonitor that 'fixed' HWMonitor as well; ah well, another one for the 'bizarre fixes' file! And, as you say - HAH!

merockomole

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
accually tmonitor only solved the problem while it was open but as soon as i closed it i had bad latencys hitin max 124000 i was like wdf but i think im one step closer to completly solving the problem i downloaded driversync a program to see what drivers was out dated and accually there was quit a few of them so i got um all updated and i also read a article about guy having kinda the same problem as me but he was using a diff gigabyte board kinda looks similar to the ep45-ud3p but anyways he had more options on bios updates as oppose to me i have 1.6 board witch only has to bios updates abd i was afraid to go with 1.1 or 1.0 bios's but anyways he said he installed a earlyer version of bios like i think it was f2, f3, or f4 witch resolved his problem and a few others who read it but anything past f6 would cause bad latency and audio crackling and studders... so i tryed going to a earlyer version of bios but i had no luck it accually made it the problem worse so i qflashed the bios back and shut computer down now i had my sata cables little switched up so i thought that might be it i unplus my OS hdd from sata 2 moved it 2 master0 listed in bios furtherist one right on the top and my cd player to 2 where my hdd was booted up downloaded a registry freeware cleaner ran it.... i had over 300+ registry problems... haha now i can have wmp and hardware monitor open with out studders and no lose is quality although i still am hitting around 750-1062max every few sec's lowest being 12 which is hella alot better than what i was getting... any ideas? but i think i may of fixed the clicking noise with the hang up somehow not really sure what i did but, what could of been cause that any ideas on that to? o yeah i forgot to mention i removed the 60gb IDE hdd that could of been what was causing my problem cause it came out of a old old old dell deminsion 2350 that was loaded with viruses but i cleaned it up i mean like right after i installed it and powered on the 1st time i was geting virus warnings from AVG had about 70 critical viruses 20 spyware or diff types could that have messed the hdd up or something? but anyways lemme know something.. here is a pic of test going..

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5153/another1.jpg
just noticed if i have hwmoniter and cpuz-id open at the same time i start getting about 5000 latency thats only if both are opened man idk im just thinking cpuz programs are
the problem

bilbat

Splendid
Start TaskManager, <CTRL><SHFT><ESC> I think (or the three finger salute for Xp), and click on the perfomance tab:
0059.jpg

Click on the Resource Monitor button at the lower right, ans select the CPU tab:
0060p.jpg

It will give you a prioritized list of 'who's using how much'...

bilbat

Splendid
Try that one more time, but run nothing but the task manager - too much stuff is going on (especially MediaCenter's disk hits) to see what's hogging the 'background' ticks...