GA EP45-UD3R will not O\C

bruce_k2

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
My pc will not overclock. When I overclock my system (move the front side bus up even one number and save in bios), my pc will try to start 3 times and go back to system default. My previous motherboard was a GA P35 using the same items listed below and it would overclock.
Do you have any ideas? Thanks

My setup:

GA EP45-UD3R F9 bios
artic freezer pro
cpu heatsink bolt kit
E2180
4 gig Gskill 1066
x1950 pro
antec basiq 500 watt
antec super lan boy case

also tried some different parts
2 gig crucial ballistic
antec smart power 500 watt

Petrolman

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
I have the same motherboard and I haven't had any issues. The only time that boot sequence happened was when I wasn't giving my CPU enough power, which shouldn't be an issue if you are just increasing the FSB by one.

I'm kind of stumped. Do you have any stability issues without an overclock? What kind of voltage is the MB giving your CPU?

I am inclined to say something is wrong with the motherboard but I honestly don't have any idea.

PetrolMan

bruce_k2

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
I haven't tried Prime or any stress test. In the last two months, I've had two blue screens of death, but for the most part it runs ok. I did some large file conversion and video recoding with it.

I will probably contact gigabyte and see what they have to say.

exodus d63

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
Have you tried using the EasyTune 6 software that Gigabyte has with the mobo? I was skeptical to use it, but me E6550 wouldn't go above 2.4GHz until I used Easytune.

Anyway, my point; When I used easytune, I got my CPU up to 2.8GHz and from there I went into the BIOS and got it up to 2.94GHz, so maybe your E2180 needs to be overclocked higher than 1 MHz to allow the Gigabyte board to properly overclock.

I actually was going to ask if anyone knew how to get my processor to overclock any higher... I am stumped with this new Gigabyte Intelligent Tweaker (my last Gigabyte mobo was 3 years ago).

Here is my budget system:
Gigabyte EP45-UD3R
Zalman CNPS9500
Intel E6550
geForce 8500 GT
2x2GB Corsair XMS Series DDR2 800
OCZ 500W ModXStream-Pro
Old Server Case