• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question GA-G33-DS3R new build (Old, I know) with GTX 1050: problems ahead?

arajigar

Reputable
Jun 1, 2016
Hi. I am changing the motherboard for my old system, a Q9550 sytem with an GA-G31M-ESL on which I have mounted a GTX 1050 2 GB with no problems so far since year 2017.

This time I want to give to the system some life adding more RAM (this mobo can only mount 4 GB) and I´ll go fo the GA-G33-DS3R motherboard.

I was not able to find any information about its compatibility with new GPUs, the only information I´ve found is in www.userbenchmark.com about one system with the same MOBO and a GTX1060 that, apparently, works fine.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/18032078

My actual build has two 240 GB SSDs, along with two SATA HDDS, and the GTX 1050, so my question is: should be necessary a BIOS update to make things work right, or It´ll be a sea of trouble?.

Thanks in anticipation.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS