Question GA H170 HD3

Oct 16, 2020
This dual bios mobo got bricked during a bios upgrade flash process. I managed to re-programmed the bios (v.F20) using that CH341a tool. And it worked. I re-booted into bios and into the OS several times with success even after putting everything back into the case. Next morning, powered on and all I get is fan stops, fan re-starts till I get one short beep. Fan spinning but no display.
I have replaced CMOS battery/RAM/PSU/monitor/power cables.
Only thing unchecked is the CPU chip (7th gen) which is new BUT obviously worked the day before.
I tried shorting the m_bios, no luck.
So it can only be the BIOS or somehow the b_bios has re-flashed the older bios version which does not take a 7th gen CPU.
I tried shorting the m_bios (1 and 6), no luck.
What am I missing?

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
Can you get new bios chips sent out?

It sounds like you couldn't revive a bricked bios. So there's nothing you can do to fix them then.

Did you try to flash to both chips or just the main? - If just one, can you switch to the other chip and try?

Oct 16, 2020
Please note that it actually booted into bios several times after I flashed it (once using the CH341a and again once I got into the new bios (using the Q-Flash function). I used it for hours normally and switched it off to go to bed a happy bunny. The only thing I can guess is that Gigabytes Q-Flash does not flash both bios chips, which is a crazy supposition. This mobo has no physical switch to the b-bios/m-bios option.

TRENDING THREADS