GA-M59SLI-S5 hard to find?

sriin

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006
So, I've been doing a little more window shopping on mobos since my last few posts here regarding mobos for the am2 socket, and one board seems to be getting some pretty good reviews and looks like a real solid board.

the gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5

however, i am hard pressed to find the damn thing anywhere. is there a reason for this? is it fairly new, or did something go horribly wrong with it, or is it just super rare? lots of sites are saying that has discontinued carrying the product.

there seems to be one vendor on the net that is selling it, however, it is a no-name vendor (at least to me. i know the names like newegg and tigerdirect) which has no rating and i found it through price gabber.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/user_sales_getprod.php?masterid=22194845&lot_id=7030866

so whats the deal? should i avoid this board or be sad i can't easily get my hands on it? otherwise, whats the best way i might get my hands on one of these?

sriin

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006
they must have JUST posted that because i was looking and looking and looking at new egg and could not find it.

thank you.

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
Thats a 570 chip vs. the 590 chip. It's been so long since i knew the actuall difference i don't know what it is now, but just a heads up.

And that Gigabyte one on newegg is an open box, certainly not a new board which is why there are no reviews on it.

Taft12

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2006
Thats a 570 chip vs. the 590 chip. It's been so long since i knew the actuall difference i don't know what it is now, but just a heads up.

Only difference I'm aware of is the 590 runs SLI x16 whil 570 SLI is at x8. This should only make a noticeable difference if you're running ultra high-end cards like 8800GTX in SLI. The 590 boards are overpriced IMHO for the slim set of extra features.