GA-X48T-DQ6 vs GA-EP45T-UD3P

azzinoth

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 vs Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P.

Whic one is better for overclocking E8400 (air cooling).

please answer

azzinoth

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
What about RAM? I am prepared to spend 100-150$? I am really confused :S Dint't buy antything in last few years...so I am inventing hot water this days.

They both run DDR3 so no real difference there.
Are you looking at $100-150 for just the motherboard, just the RAM or both together?

You could consider a less expensive motherboard like the ASUS P5Q-E and dirt cheap DDR2 800 as an alternative.
It will give you the same performance/overclocking headroom but will cost quite a bit less.

azzinoth

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
Finnaly end of my shift :D

So if DDR3 doesn't give any performance improvements. What do you say about this board:
http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/products/motherboards/7series/750i.aspx

vs. those Gigabyte boards listed above? It have SLI... Since I was always nVidia fan, (since MX200 :D)

let me hear your suggestions :)

+

whic Graphic card do you guys recommend for overclocking (AMD/nVidia) in SLI/Crossfire on one of those Gigabyte boardrs/XFX boar.

CPU will probably be E8400 (or some other E8x00).

Also sorry for confusion or if I didn't post all those questions in right section :)

I would recommend against any nVidia based motherboard.
Their chipsets are full of problems including low overclocking headroom, overheating, low USB performance, random data coruption, lower overall performance and stability compared to their Intel based equivalents, etc.

Myself, I would stick with a midrange P45 based motherboard, DDR2 and a 4870 1Gb.
That GPU has plenty of power and can be CrossFired if you need more and the P45 chipset is an excellent overclocker.

azzinoth

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
Any specific P45 board that you have on mind? I will probably save some money for buying DDR2 based board... Maybe some specific overclocking DDR2 RAM? Whic manufacturer do you sugesst for GPU?

It really depends on what is available in your area.
I would recommend sticking with ASUS or Gigabyte for the motherboard, Corsair, OCZ, G.Skill, Mushkin, Patriot, Crucial, GeIL, or Super Talent for the RAM.
I would avoid Diamond and Apollo for the video cards and see what deals are available before making a decision on another brand.
What region are you in and do you have a perferd supplier?

I am using an ASUS P5Q-E motherboard and, assuming it is competitively priced for you, I could easily recommend it.

Unless you can locate DDR2 1066 CL5 for about the same price as DDR2 800 CL4, I would go with 4Gb of DDR2 800.
This will allow you to take your E8400 to 3.6Ghz before you need to worry about overclocking the RAM.

my 0,02€

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

azzinoth

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
I am from Slovenia, EU. I can get nearly antything... ( exept some elite stuff... Zotac, XFX, BFG,...) Also I am working at HP/MS IT company (tax free stuff... :D), but it kinda sux since I onlz get to work with HP stuff -.-
I think I will stick to GA EP45-DQ6, got to read the rewievs on links listed above :)

But I think I will manage to push E8400 past 3.6 GHz. I have this: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/10-mammoth-cpu-coolers,review-1326-12.html customized ( 3x3200 RPM fans attached on) +some other heat eaters and noise makers... ;)

Still have to deicide whic 4870 GPU to pick, what is currently 'the best' card to OC (+ custom cooling for that card or generic (applyable on differnt cards)).

Thx for all info until now :) :)

TRENDING THREADS