Feb 2, 2018
Cpu: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz
Gpu-: Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8GB
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB
HDD: WD Black 1TB 2x
M/B: GA Z170 HD3P
Ram: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4
Psu:700W

i'm planning on running my other rx 480 on this pc but i wanna make sure is my motherboard gonna support it ? and is it gonna run fine and boost my frames ? is it worth it ?or shall i sell them both and buy new card? what do u guys think i'm gonna play on 2k monitor

Solution
Id say if you have the 2 cards already then Id give it a go.
That evga isnt the best but itll manage 480 crossfire,the rest of your system is fairly low wattage.

How itll perform will honestly be game dependant,some titles support crossfire well,some dont,some are actually worse with crossfire enabled.
Its something you can enable/disable per game in the amd crimson settings app though.

regarding it performing at 2k.
If you currently own a 1080p monitor you can enable vsr & run a downscaled 1440p resolution on your current screen to test out performance at the higher resolution.

1 single high end gpu is always going to be better than 2 x mid range ones in a dual configuration.

A lot of newer games have virtually no sli/crossfire support

That said if you actually own 2 x rx 480's I wouldn't be averse to trying it out , I just wouldnt be purchasing another 480 with the sole intention of running crossfire.

Your psu is cause for concern, I cant think of any decent straight 700w models.
What model is it exactly ??

mrkrkr.krkr

Honorable
Feb 2, 2018

EVGA 700W

mrkrkr.krkr

Honorable
Feb 2, 2018
Like i want to use crossfire 480 8gb with 2k monitor and freesync is it gonna be a good combo ? like i would normaly go for a 1080 ti and use it on 4k ,but with all the stuff happening right now with the gpu prices it just scary ,

Id say if you have the 2 cards already then Id give it a go.
That evga isnt the best but itll manage 480 crossfire,the rest of your system is fairly low wattage.

How itll perform will honestly be game dependant,some titles support crossfire well,some dont,some are actually worse with crossfire enabled.
Its something you can enable/disable per game in the amd crimson settings app though.

regarding it performing at 2k.
If you currently own a 1080p monitor you can enable vsr & run a downscaled 1440p resolution on your current screen to test out performance at the higher resolution.

Solution

mrkrkr.krkr

Honorable
Feb 2, 2018
Yeah i know but i already have another 480 rx 8 gb so im just curious if my motherboard support it and it ll run fine fully and use all of it power as Crossfire using 2k monitor with freesync 144hz

mrkrkr.krkr

Honorable
Feb 2, 2018

thank you so much , i ll go for it then , but another question, i was looking in google and i read that some people said this motherboard will support crossfire , but it wont do so well is that true ? like this motherboard isn't the best with crossfire

You mean with the bottom slot being limited to pci express 3 x 4 ?

Not going to limit much if at all with a 480.
1-2% max maybe.