GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 error codes 61 62 63 71 79 AD AB AE B2

StrelokRAGE

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
Here's my build:
CPU: Intel - Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($217.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($153.98 @ Newegg)
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO Series 500 GB
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($154.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: *EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW DT GAMING Video Card ($479.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass ATX Mid Tower Case ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($120.49 @ OutletPC)

I'm having an incredibly difficult time figuring out what is going on with my homebuilt system. It started off with my PREVIOUS motherboard (ASUS Z170A). System became more and more unstable (multiple bluescreens) until the system would not even POST.

1) Replaced CPU...no fix (New cooler as well)
2) Replaced RAM...no fix (Mixed and matched, changed every slot with every possibility)
3) Tested with another GPU (on my own system)....no fix
4) Replaced PSU

Contacted ASUS, sent in motherboard for testing...they said nothing was wrong. Rebuilt system and system still wouldnt POST. Sent it in again, said chipset was bad and

5) sent a replacement. System still would not post.

So now we basically have a completely new system and STILL the same issue.
Got so frustrated I got a brand new GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MB from newegg. At least now I was getting error messages displayed on my LED reader on my motherboard. The Errors were random:
I got- 61, 62, 63, 71, 79, AD, AB, AE, and B2 but now the system would post about 50% of the time and freeze up on the bios display.
Called up Gigabyte support and was restarting the computer multiple times. Randomly I was able to get into the desktop for the first time in months so I hung up. System was stable. Restarted it after installing more drivers and was fine. However, after a third startup I got the same errors as before and had to reset CMOS and change the BIOS profile to get it to post and get to desktop. Do any of you have any idea whats going on?
Things I've done already:

Take out RAM, change slots and # of sticks (I now have 4 total RAM sticks from 2 brands that I rotate in and out to test).

Clear the CMOS

Take out GPU, SSD, USB everything and run it barebones

Take out CPU to see if any pins are bent or fitted properly (Also, temps are stable with a max of 38C at load)

If you guys could help me I would be eternally grateful...hundreds of painful hours have gone into trying to fix this!

Lutfij

Titan
More than your components, the issue to me looks like your BIOS(and/or the chipset) is the culprit. I've seen a multitude of posts about the same issue and is wide spread across other makers as well.

Have you tried updating the BIOS to the latest revision? By clearing CMOS, I'm assuming you've removed the CMOS battery for at least 15 mins before replacing it, correct? Are both the rams populated in slots 1 and 2 or 3 and 4? According to the manual of your motherboard, the first 3 errors codes indicate a faulty chipset though we're going to need the answers to the previous questions.

You forgot to include your storage drives, SSD/HDD's in your system's specs. Please include them.

StrelokRAGE

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
Thanks so much for the reply! Updated my OP with the SSD (Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD). Yes, the motherboard has the reset CMOS button but I remove the battery for 10-15 min just to make sure. The RAM is currently in the 1 and 2 position but I have tried the 1, 2, 3, 4, 1 and 2, 3 and 4 position combinations with both sets of RAM (so 6 positions with 1-2 sticks)

I'll flash the BIOS. That was my suspicion all along especially since this is now my THIRD motherboard. Is it possible that I am the unluckiest person of all time and now am the owner of a third broken motherboard?

EDIT: Flashed BIOS and updated to newest version....no change