[SOLVED] GA-Z270P-D3 temperature problems!!

Mamatis

Honorable
Apr 18, 2014
Hello there!! Toms's community!!

I have this strange issue that drives me nuts and I desperately need some help! I own gigabyte z270p-D3 motherboard and when my pc boots the cpu temps are going crazy and the fan its gonna fly but after a while the cpu temp drops to normal levels on its own.Sometimes I
have to restart the pc once or several times to achieve normal temps.

More specific :
(degrees on Celsius temps may vary from time to times)

First boot temps
bios=40-63 ,idle =45-65, high load=60-80

After problem stops (5-15 min) or restart once or more:
bios=28-33 ,idle =29-35, high load=50-70

I have hydro cooling.
The same cpu was install before on a mobo z170-hd3p for years never had any problem, even with overclock.
I am not sure about this , but the most weird thing is that when this problem appears and when its stops the voltages are quiet the same (via HWmonitor).
I have update my bios to latest version and make a clean install of windows plus latest chip-set drives.

My specs:
cpu 6600k intel i5
mobo z270p-d3 gigabyte
ram 16 gb baliistix 2400
os win10

Thank you in advanced!

Solution
Well first of all those temps are all perfectly fine even the higher ones so don't worry about damaging anything.

When starting up an AIO cooler it can take some time for the pump to get up to speed and the heat to move through the system. Basically there is a small lag between start and full cooling. Seems like your pump is on its last legs or you have some corrosion or particulate in the loop which is making this lag last longer
Well first of all those temps are all perfectly fine even the higher ones so don't worry about damaging anything.

When starting up an AIO cooler it can take some time for the pump to get up to speed and the heat to move through the system. Basically there is a small lag between start and full cooling. Seems like your pump is on its last legs or you have some corrosion or particulate in the loop which is making this lag last longer

Reactions: Mamatis
Solution

Mamatis

Honorable
Apr 18, 2014
Hello lord thanks for super fast response you rock.

I understand perfectly what you are saying and it makes a lot of sense , but the strange thing here is that when I replace my old mobo with this one this problem start immediately. What i am saying is, the pump malfunction exactly the same time with the mobo replacement ! Thats quit a coincidence if that happens. Meanwhile i check the AIO tube and its seem fine , from an outside inspection of course. And my last question is, why this problematic state stops when i restart the pc? . And again not every time temps goes back to normal after one restart sometimes needs more. Plus when the problem stops the temperature falls dramatically maybe 20-25 degrees in less than 10 secs. I am really confused here o_O if that detail helps somehow .

Thank you for your time! :)

Mamatis

Honorable
Apr 18, 2014
Update of my situation , if found out that if i change any value on bios and restart n save my options the problem stops. So I think that indicates for sure that's there is mobo problem , as far I can say. Btw is any option in bios that controls the starting voltages of cpu or something similar? And how can I use load line Calibration , any value i try to enter it comes back to (auto) value any ideas?

Thanks again!

Mamatis

Honorable
Apr 18, 2014
Thanks for this awesome guide calvin7, in my opinion HWmonitor is a great software of course i don't work only with it's readings i'll double check them with my bios. Anyway , lord was right after all , it was the pump of AIO I changed with the a normal air fun system and all its ready to go. Mobo is solid as rock!
I wanna thank you all four your help , case closed!