GA-Z68XP-UD3 - Dolby Sound

davidst95

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2008
Hi,

Does anyone know how to get the Dolby option to show up in the speaker settings? I tried to follow the manual but the option is not there. I installed all the drivers on the included CD plus the updates on the Gigabyte website. They give me a Dolby Surround sticker so I know it must be included (I think :) ) Thanks.

David

Solution
(from your user manual)
Before Dolby Home Theater is enabled, you get only 2-channel playback output (from the front speakers) when playing 2-channel stereo sources. You must play 4-, 5.1-, or 7.1- channel content to get 4-, 5.1-, or 7.1- channel audio effects. With Dolby Home Theater enabled, 2-channel stereo content will be transformed into multi-channel audio, creating a virtual surround sound environment.

Step 1:
Locate the icon in the notification area and right-click on this icon. Select Playback devices.
Step 2:
On the Playback tab, select Speakers. Then click Properties.
Step 3:
On the Dolby tab, select the Dolby Prologic IIx and
Natural Bass check boxes. Click OK to complete.

BerylLee

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
(from your user manual)
Before Dolby Home Theater is enabled, you get only 2-channel playback output (from the front speakers) when playing 2-channel stereo sources. You must play 4-, 5.1-, or 7.1- channel content to get 4-, 5.1-, or 7.1- channel audio effects. With Dolby Home Theater enabled, 2-channel stereo content will be transformed into multi-channel audio, creating a virtual surround sound environment.

Step 1:
Locate the icon in the notification area and right-click on this icon. Select Playback devices.
Step 2:
On the Playback tab, select Speakers. Then click Properties.
Step 3:
On the Dolby tab, select the Dolby Prologic IIx and
Natural Bass check boxes. Click OK to complete.

Solution