GA-Z68XP-UD3P: No monitor signal with 16GB installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitelabellt

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
Mobo: GA-Z68XP-UD3P
DDR3: 16GB(4x4) Corsair Vengeance CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B
CPU: i7 2600K
PSU: Corsair HX850
GPU: EVGA GTX580
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
SSD: Corsair Force GT 120GB
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1.5TB

First off, this is a new PC build. I want to install my OS, but am having issues with getting any monitor signal while trying to boot with all 4 sticks of ram installed on the mobo; PC powers on but just no monitor signal. However, when only 1 stick is installed I am able to get into bios. I've been searching different forums and have only found some information on what to do. Some have suggested to manually set DRAM Frequency, CAS Timing, and DRAM voltage. Im sure someone has this mobo and memory and had success. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Solution
Why don't you install the OS with just the one stick of ram and then add the rest later. The fact that you can see the bios tells you that the monitor is working , the cpu is working and the motherboard is but there could be an issue with the other ram slots or the ram sticks. You could test each stick one at a time to see if each one lets you do the same thing. Then you can try two sticks one in the A1 and the other in the A2. You shouldn't have to set anything in the bios because it says that the motherboard will recognize the 1600mhz ram. If anything some motherboards will see all of the ram and will boot with it but sets it at 1333mhz by default and then you would have to go in and reset it to what you want.
Why don't you install the OS with just the one stick of ram and then add the rest later. The fact that you can see the bios tells you that the monitor is working , the cpu is working and the motherboard is but there could be an issue with the other ram slots or the ram sticks. You could test each stick one at a time to see if each one lets you do the same thing. Then you can try two sticks one in the A1 and the other in the A2. You shouldn't have to set anything in the bios because it says that the motherboard will recognize the 1600mhz ram. If anything some motherboards will see all of the ram and will boot with it but sets it at 1333mhz by default and then you would have to go in and reset it to what you want.

Solution

whitelabellt

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
Thank you for the prompt response, Inzone. I was able to enter bios using 2 sticks of ram(8GB). Once there, I was able to manually set the ram to 1600mhz. I decided to install the other 2 sticks and bios started up normally. I am currently installing Windows and will report back once completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.