Question GA-Z97-D3H Bios Flashed Issues

Jan 6, 2020
Hi, I updated my Bios with @bios that is provided by Gigabyte for my GA-Z97-D3H motherboard. I restarted after the installation was complete & it immediately went to Gigabyte's "Automatic Repair" screen which takes me recovery screens that were no help. I am not able to the make it to Windows post screen or anything of that nature. Just immediately goes to the Gigabyte Automatic Repair screen after boot. I looked online & followed some guides. 1. I removed the CMOS battery after 2 minutes - put it back in. I selected the "load optimized settings" options & brought me right back to the same screen. 2. I then downloaded the zip file & extracted the Gigabyte zip file onto a thumb drive which is the F9 (most recent flash) and it went through all the steps and then restarted & brought me right back to the same screen. I then reverted back to the F8 verison & no dice again. 3. I then removed the CMOS battery and tried to flash it with the f7(website states that f8 doesn't allow for previous flashing) - I was greeted with that message. I am unsure what to do & I am very frustrated at this point. I am wondering if anyone has an idea what I should do. I currently have a call into Gigabyte support - been waiting 3 hours for a call back - guess I'll hear back from them tomorrow. Just hoping someone here can help.

Hi, I updated my Bios with @bios that is provided by Gigabyte for my GA-Z97-D3H motherboard. I restarted after the installation was complete & it immediately went to Gigabyte's "Automatic Repair" screen which takes me recovery screens that were no help. I am not able to the make it to Windows post screen or anything of that nature. Just immediately goes to the Gigabyte Automatic Repair screen after boot. I looked online & followed some guides. 1. I removed the CMOS battery after 2 minutes - put it back in. I selected the "load optimized settings" options & brought me right back to the same screen. 2. I then downloaded the zip file & extracted the Gigabyte zip file onto a thumb drive which is the F9 (most recent flash) and it went through all the steps and then restarted & brought me right back to the same screen. I then reverted back to the F8 verison & no dice again. 3. I then removed the CMOS battery and tried to flash it with the f7(website states that f8 doesn't allow for previous flashing) - I was greeted with that message. I am unsure what to do & I am very frustrated at this point. I am wondering if anyone has an idea what I should do. I currently have a call into Gigabyte support - been waiting 3 hours for a call back - guess I'll hear back from them tomorrow. Just hoping someone here can help.
so it wont even let you post into you bios then? and basically taking you to a recovery screen right?

Jan 6, 2020
Thank you for replying btw. Hell of a night dealing with this. Trying to figure this out has been such a pain. But yes, I can get to BIOS while mashing DEL during start up. If I don't msg DEL - it will hit the recovery screen

Last edited: