[SOLVED] GA35DX attempting to reset bios to factory *SOLVED*

Ben_53

Honorable
Dec 30, 2015
I have:
ROG Strix GA35

I changed something in bios and now there is no display. Lights on, fan on, no beeps, solid orange on mother board plus the dancing lights dance. No display from the onboard either. I've tried hitting del etc even though there's no visible prompt to do so.

I'd like to reload factory settings in to bios. I'd like try the flbk bios function but the instructions aren't clear for this machine. I don't know what the filename is supposed to be changed to etc. So these instructions don't seem to make sense as I have no filename changer included in my current bios: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1038568/ and there's barely one sentence about the flbk button in the manual.

I'd like to try removing the cmos battery or jumping the cmos to reset the bios but I don't see where those are with the panel removed. Am I going to have start removing things to get at the cmos battery or jumper?

Is there an easy way to get factory settings in to bios that I'm missing?

Cheers!

Ben_53

Honorable
Dec 30, 2015
Good news. I got the flbk bios function to work!

I guessed some filenames and one of them was correct, not sure which one:
BIOS.CAP
C7H.CAP
G.CAP
GA.CAP
GA3.CAP
GA35.CAP
GA35DX.CAP
GA35DX-AS.CAP

Once I had ALL those differently named copies of the same bios file on the usb drive I got blinking light then blinking faster for a few minutes then it went off.

Booted up seems to be on stock settings as expected.

EDIT: Filename required is GA35DX.CAP

Last edited:

Ben_53

Honorable
Dec 30, 2015
Ah finally an answer from support. Better late than never.

→Please format the USB drive used for this BIOS update with FAT32.
→Access the BIOS and set [ErP Ready] to [Disabled].
#After accessing the BIOS, set "Advanced Mode" -> "Advanced" -> "APM Configuration" -> "ErP Ready" to "Disabled".
#You can save and exit the BIOS by selecting "Exit" -> "Save Changes & Exit" in the BIOS after changing the settings.

Step
1、Download the BIOS file for your model from the ASUS support site.

2、If the downloaded BIOS file is compressed, unzip it, and then change the name of the BIOS file to "GA35DX.CAP".
#Example : If the BIOS file name is "GA35DX-AS.301", it is changed to "GA35DX.CAP".
#The system model name of G35DX is "GA35DX". Therefore, the file name of the BIOS is "GA35DX...".

3、Save "GA35DX.CAP" to the USB drive that made it with "2".

4、Shut down the G35DX and connect the USB drive that saved the BIOS file to the USB port shown in the red box below.

5、 Keep the USB drive connected, then press the button in the red box below for about 3 seconds. The LED in the green box will start blinking.

6、The LED in the green frame above is blinking while the BIOS is being updated. Press the power button on the G35DX to start up.
#After updating the BIOS, a screen may be displayed to prompt access to the BISO setting screen at the first startup. If you need further assistance or if there is any additional feedback you would like to give Asus, please feel free to reach out to our Proactive Care team by calling 510-257-7780 (Mon – Fri, 9 am to 6 pm PST) or by responding to this email. We look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you for choosing Asus and have a wonderful day.

Last edited: