Gabe Newell Gives Update on Steam Hack of 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hax0r778

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
I appreciate that Valve is communicating really well about this problem (way better than Sony did after they were hacked). Now why can't they communicate this well about HL3?

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Sony gets hacked: Unencrypted card details stolen, network goes down for weeks.

Valve gets hacked: Old backup file and encrypted card details stolen, no noticeable problems except forum was closed for a while.

buckcm

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
I don't know about getting hacked, but I think this phishing website under the guise of "Steam Works" and "Valve Software" nailed me for a bunch of transactions between Christmas and New Years last year. Apparently an investigation is ongoing by EA.

ltdementhial

Aug 20, 2011
[citation][nom]Hax0r778[/nom]I appreciate that Valve is communicating really well about this problem (way better than Sony did after they were hacked). Now why can't they communicate this well about HL3?[/citation]

Oh din't you know? Valve cant count to 3...they're ashamed of that and doesnt anyone to know it.

Excuse my lame english

onanonanon

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
[citation][nom]Razor512[/nom]jerk hackers,why couldn't they have released details on half life 3 instead?[/citation]
Because there probably aren't any...

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]Hax0r778[/nom]I appreciate that Valve is communicating really well about this problem (way better than Sony did after they were hacked). Now why can't they communicate this well about HL3?[/citation]
Maybe they are communcating well about HL3. Maybe it's just not happening... God I hope it ain't the case!

G

Well, here some evidence for you Gabe. My credit card info, ONLY used online to buy some steam games was recently used by a someone to play some poker online (around 350$)

Status
Not open for further replies.