Gadgetzan auction house

is dead on my server (Hellscream) absolutely nothing up for auction, no one
was there whilst I was there either. I'm assuming on the older servers
there are some auctions there?
I went there in search of an artisan cooking teacher, my cooking is over 200
now, and I could remember a cook told me to goto Gadgetzan, I couldn't
remember the name of the person I had to see.

Anyway I went all around it and couldn't find anyone, later I learned that
it was Dirge Quickcleave I had to see, but I'm sure I saw him and he was
just selling meat, I think he was just called a butcher. He was selling one
reciepe for level 225 cook, which I'm not quite yet, but it wasn't a
cookbook or anything. Anyone have anymore insight?

Also maybe another stupid question, how do you get to Aerie Peak in the
Hinterlands from Southshore?
I've approached it from two directions (from the west and south I think) but
theres just inpassable mountains in the way. Stupid Artisan leatherworker
in Darnassus can't teach me anything more!

In <427a86cf$0$303$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com> "Fugwump" <fugwumpN0SPAM@gmail.com> writes:

> is dead on my server (Hellscream) absolutely nothing up for auction, no one
> was there whilst I was there either. I'm assuming on the older servers
> there are some auctions there?
> I went there in search of an artisan cooking teacher, my cooking is over 200
> now, and I could remember a cook told me to goto Gadgetzan, I couldn't
> remember the name of the person I had to see.

It's the innkeeper, whetever his name is. You must have 225 cooking
or he won't offer the quest. There might be a level requirement too.

> Also maybe another stupid question, how do you get to Aerie Peak in the
> Hinterlands from Southshore?

There's a pass between the mountains northeast of Durnholde Keep.

--
John Gordon "It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese."
gordon@panix.com

In <d5e2dn$3ig$1@reader1.panix.com> John Gordon <gordon@panix.com> writes:

> It's the innkeeper, whetever his name is. You must have 225 cooking

Hmm, I think it is Dirge after all, not the innkeeper. It's one of the
goblin NPCs in the inn, anyway.

--

"John Gordon" <gordon@panix.com> wrote in message
> In <427a86cf$0$303$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com> "Fugwump"
> <fugwumpN0SPAM@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> is dead on my server (Hellscream) absolutely nothing up for auction, no
>> one
>> was there whilst I was there either. I'm assuming on the older servers
>> there are some auctions there?
>> I went there in search of an artisan cooking teacher, my cooking is over
>> 200
>> now, and I could remember a cook told me to goto Gadgetzan, I couldn't
>> remember the name of the person I had to see.
>
> It's the innkeeper, whetever his name is. You must have 225 cooking
> or he won't offer the quest. There might be a level requirement too.

Aye, level requirement of 40, else I would be doing this myself by now. I
have 225 in cooking, can't advance until I do this quest, but I'm only level
34. :(

--
<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Apollorah, 34th level Human Paladin, Ner'zhul

"Fugwump" <fugwumpN0SPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
> is dead on my server (Hellscream) absolutely nothing up for auction, no
> one
To me the Gadgetzan AH is a failed concept, it seems that Blizz may need to
do something to push players in Horde/Alliance trading.

El Durango wrote:
> To me the Gadgetzan AH is a failed concept, it seems that Blizz may need to
> do something to push players in Horde/Alliance trading.

I've heard it said, perhaps here, that the interfaction auction house
ought to be in Booty Bay, not Gadgetzan. I've yet to visit the
latter, while the former has been my primary questing ground for the
past ten levels and counting.

--
<URL:http://www.pobox.com/~ylee/> PERTH ----> *
Cpu(s): 8.9% us, 1.9% sy, 0.5% ni, 86.9% id, 1.8% wa, 0.1% hi, 0.0% si

They need to adjust the deposit at it....asked for 1.2G deposit for 24 hours
for an item with a starting price of 67S

"Yeechang Lee" <ylee@pobox.com> wrote in message
> El Durango wrote:
> > To me the Gadgetzan AH is a failed concept, it seems that Blizz may need
> > do something to push players in Horde/Alliance trading.
>
> I've heard it said, perhaps here, that the interfaction auction house
> ought to be in Booty Bay, not Gadgetzan. I've yet to visit the
> latter, while the former has been my primary questing ground for the
> past ten levels and counting.
>
> --
> <URL:http://www.pobox.com/~ylee/> PERTH ----> *
> Cpu(s): 8.9% us, 1.9% sy, 0.5% ni, 86.9% id, 1.8% wa, 0.1% hi, 0.0%
si
> Mem: 515800k total, 489876k used, 25924k free, 35636k buffers
> Swap: 3052208k total, 2873000k used, 179208k free, 69976k cached

On Thu, 5 May 2005 21:49:51 +0100, "Fugwump" <fugwumpN0SPAM@gmail.com>
scribed into the ether:

>is dead on my server (Hellscream) absolutely nothing up for auction, no one
>was there whilst I was there either. I'm assuming on the older servers
>there are some auctions there?

You assume wrong.

It's a miracle to find more than 20 items listed in the Uldum Gadgetzan AH,
and that server has been up since 5 days after launch.

bm

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2004

"Fugwump" <fugwumpN0SPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
> is dead on my server (Hellscream) absolutely nothing up for auction, no
> one was there whilst I was there either. I'm assuming on the older
> servers there are some auctions there?
> I went there in search of an artisan cooking teacher, my cooking is over
> 200 now, and I could remember a cook told me to goto Gadgetzan, I couldn't
> remember the name of the person I had to see.
>
> Anyway I went all around it and couldn't find anyone, later I learned that
> it was Dirge Quickcleave I had to see, but I'm sure I saw him and he was
> just selling meat, I think he was just called a butcher. He was selling
> one reciepe for level 225 cook, which I'm not quite yet, but it wasn't a
> cookbook or anything. Anyone have anymore insight?
>
> Also maybe another stupid question, how do you get to Aerie Peak in the
> Hinterlands from Southshore?
> I've approached it from two directions (from the west and south I think)
> but theres just inpassable mountains in the way. Stupid Artisan
> leatherworker in Darnassus can't teach me anything more!

there were a few when I checked on mine yesterday. All useless. There did
sed to be some at somepiont... Thinking that Booty Bay would be a good place
for the Goblin's to relocate their Auction House...

John Gordon wrote:
> In <427a86cf$0$303$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com> "Fugwump" <fugwumpN0SPAM@gmail.com> writes:
>>Also maybe another stupid question, how do you get to Aerie Peak in the
>>Hinterlands from Southshore?
>
> There's a pass between the mountains northeast of Durnholde Keep.

Follow the river, basically, iirc.

Cheers!
David...

"David Carson" <david@eldergothSPAMTRAP.com> wrote in message
> John Gordon wrote:
> > In <427a86cf$0$303$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com> "Fugwump"
<fugwumpN0SPAM@gmail.com> writes:
> >>Also maybe another stupid question, how do you get to Aerie Peak in the
> >>Hinterlands from Southshore?
> >
> > There's a pass between the mountains northeast of Durnholde Keep.
>
> Follow the river, basically, iirc.

That's what I did, the first time I tried to get to Aerie Peak...Took me to
Eastern Plaguelands :) Correct path is, as another poster stated, just
north/northeast of Durnholde Keep.

"Strontium" <abuse@your.isp.com> wrote in message

> "David Carson" <david@eldergothSPAMTRAP.com> wrote in message
>> John Gordon wrote:
>> >
>> > There's a pass between the mountains northeast of Durnholde Keep.
>>
>> Follow the river, basically, iirc.
>
> That's what I did, the first time I tried to get to Aerie Peak...Took me to
> Eastern Plaguelands :) Correct path is, as another poster stated, just
> north/northeast of Durnholde Keep.

Yep, you will find the path behind Durnholde Keep- when you spot two
griffons flapping together in one spot, you know you're headed in the
right direction. No idea what they're there for, must be a quest I haven't
participated in yet. There *is* a sneaky backway into the Hinterlands, from
the south shore of the lake in plaguelands, not far from Scholomance...
but it's not that easy to find either, and much farther to get to.
-Marshall

"El Durango" <El_Durango@yah00.c0m> wrote:

>"Fugwump" <fugwumpN0SPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> is dead on my server (Hellscream) absolutely nothing up for auction, no
>> one
>To me the Gadgetzan AH is a failed concept, it seems that Blizz may need to
>do something to push players in Horde/Alliance trading.

It's true there is very little listed, but it tends to be high quality
-- drops from Un'Garo and Zul Farrak I suppose. Prices for standard
stuff like Mageweave seem to be higher than Orgrimmar, and personally
I've had pretty good luck selling there.

> Aye, level requirement of 40, else I would be doing this myself by now. I
> have 225 in cooking, can't advance until I do this quest, but I'm only
> level 34. :(

Ahhh I see, will have to wait until I'm 40 too then, 36 atm.

>> > There's a pass between the mountains northeast of Durnholde Keep.
>>
>> Follow the river, basically, iirc.
>
> That's what I did, the first time I tried to get to Aerie Peak...Took me
> Eastern Plaguelands :) Correct path is, as another poster stated, just
> north/northeast of Durnholde Keep.

Same here, died a few times on the way too. Then when I managed to get past
them saw 100ft mountains in the way! I found a bit called Uthers grave,
didn't go in though. I see the path on the map, will try it out today.

David Carson wrote:
> John Gordon wrote:
>> Fugwump writes:
>>> Also maybe another stupid question, how do you get to Aerie Peak in
>>> the Hinterlands from Southshore?

>> There's a pass between the mountains northeast of Durnholde Keep.

> Follow the river, basically, iirc.

Unfortunately following the river all the way simply dumps
you into the lake in the Western Plaguelands. The pass Fug
wants is a little bit to the east of the river, and the way
he'll know he's on the right track is that there are 2 40th
level gryphons flapping their wings in the opening of a
valley that leads off to the northeast.

--
Nathan Engle Computer Support, IUB Psych Dept
nengle@indiana.edu http://mypage.iu.edu/~nengle

In article <slrnd7lhkq.ct1.ylee@pobox.com>,
Yeechang Lee <ylee@pobox.com> wrote:

> El Durango wrote:
> > To me the Gadgetzan AH is a failed concept, it seems that Blizz may need to
> > do something to push players in Horde/Alliance trading.

> I've heard it said, perhaps here, that the interfaction auction house
> ought to be in Booty Bay, not Gadgetzan. I've yet to visit the
> latter, while the former has been my primary questing ground for the
> past ten levels and counting.

That may well be why it's in Gadgetzan.

And to the poster who suggested that Blizz push horde/alliance trading
-- perhaps it's a design feature that it's a royal pain in the rear.
You're not SUPPOSED to conduct inter-faction trade but, in this vile den
of scum and villainy, illegal things happen.

--
Nabuu, Tauren druid on Dethecus.
Also (rarely):

Nabuu wrote:
> You're not SUPPOSED to conduct inter-faction trade but, in this vile den
> of scum and villainy, illegal things happen.

You're not SUPPOSED to die because of lag either, but that's
something Blizz hasn't quite gotten a handle on. A sufficiently
determined person will get operatives to Gadgetzan and conduct
cross-faction trades no matter what Blizzard thinks about it,
yet the more significant determining factors in how much it
happens (or perhaps I should say how much *I* do it) are the
outrageous 20% AH charge that Gadgetzan deducts from every
sale, and the corresponding inflated posting fee that's required
to list anything in the first place.

--

Nabuu wrote:
> That may well be why it's in Gadgetzan.
>
> And to the poster who suggested that Blizz push horde/alliance trading
> -- perhaps it's a design feature that it's a royal pain in the rear.
> You're not SUPPOSED to conduct inter-faction trade but, in this vile den
> of scum and villainy, illegal things happen.

But Booty Bay is a viler den of scummier villainy than Gadgetzan could
ever dream of being!

Cheers!
David...

In article <427f54e6$0$24178$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>,
David Carson <david@eldergothSPAMTRAP.com> wrote:

> Nabuu wrote:
> > That may well be why it's in Gadgetzan.
> >
> > And to the poster who suggested that Blizz push horde/alliance trading
> > -- perhaps it's a design feature that it's a royal pain in the rear.
> > You're not SUPPOSED to conduct inter-faction trade but, in this vile den
> > of scum and villainy, illegal things happen.

> But Booty Bay is a viler den of scummier villainy than Gadgetzan could
> ever dream of being!

Nah, BB's just a normal, perfectly-legal pirate-town, mate! Have a
beer... ;)

--

BM a écrit :
> "Fugwump" <fugwumpN0SPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > is dead on my server (Hellscream) absolutely nothing up for
auction, no
> > one was there whilst I was there either. I'm assuming on the older

> > servers there are some auctions there?
> > I went there in search of an artisan cooking teacher, my cooking is
over
> > 200 now, and I could remember a cook told me to goto Gadgetzan, I
couldn't
> > remember the name of the person I had to see.
> >
> > Anyway I went all around it and couldn't find anyone, later I
learned that
> > it was Dirge Quickcleave I had to see, but I'm sure I saw him and
he was
> > just selling meat, I think he was just called a butcher. He was
selling
> > one reciepe for level 225 cook, which I'm not quite yet, but it
wasn't a
> > cookbook or anything. Anyone have anymore insight?
> >
> > Also maybe another stupid question, how do you get to Aerie Peak in
the
> > Hinterlands from Southshore?
> > I've approached it from two directions (from the west and south I
think)
> > but theres just inpassable mountains in the way. Stupid Artisan
> > leatherworker in Darnassus can't teach me anything more!
> >

> there were a few when I checked on mine yesterday. All useless. There
did
> sed to be some at somepiont... Thinking that Booty Bay would be a
good place
> for the Goblin's to relocate their Auction House...

I think they should make a boat trip from Steamwheedle Port to Booty
Bay/Ratchet in the first place.

I sold schematics for Mithril mechanical dragonling with a 20gold
buyout in Gadgetzan. Handy, handy, to have twice as many pigeons for
these, I netted 16.5gold (the recipe itself costs 50silver or something
like that at a hidden vendor in the Hinterlands).