[SOLVED] Gah. Android 9 recent apps

Sgt_Sykes

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
Well, I got a new Motorola G6 a few days ago and updated it to Android 9.0.

I can not stand the 'new improved' recent apps screen.

I was looking for solutions (and apparently I'm by far not the only one) how to revert to old style list of recent apps but so far have not found a successful one. From what I've found:

1. External apps that are specific to some brand (OnePlus or Samsung) and don't work for me.
  2. Those solutions which should work in general but don't work with Nova Launcher which I'm addicted to
  3. Solutions which require the use of ADB, or root, or other tinkering that is way too technical for my level (I'm not a computer n00b but have no experience with tinkering with Android). Most tutorials require way too much foreknowledge or prerequisites. (WTF does 'flash the module' mean?)
Yes I've been browsing and searching XDA but I don't think asking a question there would lead to anything since only newly released phones and brand new issues get any attention there... And both G6 and the recent apps thing is waaay old news for XDA. (I've never received a response to any question I've asked there and now I can't find my login credentials anyway.)

Did I miss some easy solution to bring back the old-style recent apps screen?

Very grateful in advance!

Note I could live with other ways to switch between apps as long as I can see more than 1 on the screen at once. A grid would be pretty cool for example. I also don't want to lose the ability to pin one app to half of the screen.

Solution
I know it might be awkward but you soon will get used to it.

It's not just your moto g6, almost every phone today running on android 9 has the same kind of user interface.

I also prefer the old look but since android 9 has a lot of improvements, i had to upgrade eventually and i'm definitely not going back.

If you like the old look, get the Nova launcher app.

To have more control, you can buy the prime license.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
I know it might be awkward but you soon will get used to it.

It's not just your moto g6, almost every phone today running on android 9 has the same kind of user interface.

I also prefer the old look but since android 9 has a lot of improvements, i had to upgrade eventually and i'm definitely not going back.

If you like the old look, get the Nova launcher app.

To have more control, you can buy the prime license.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS