Gainward Geforce 4 Ti 4600

Controller_01

Distinguished
May 22, 2002
I Purchesed a this card from Newegg.com last week, recieved it this monday and it worked fine the first day. Then the next day it just started screwing all up...... When I play game the screen gets all sorts of weird colored lines on it and then freezes. When in windows I have little color errors and little lines on pop-up windows and and the mouse.
A lot of icons are all black.. some words just missing..

Here are my specs

1.4 Gig Tbird
AsusA7M266 Mobo
512 PC2100 DDR
300w Deer Power Supply
40 Gig Harddrive

Can anyone tell me what is going on... is the card defective or do I not have the proper specs?...
I have read several people have problems with this same card that they ordered from newegg.com

Arbee

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001
Although it could be a power issue it is strange that the card worked fine and then started to have problems. Assuming that you didn't install nothing relevant or made any HW change, you probably have a defective card.

If you can, try it in another computer (there should be plenty of candidates to try the Gainward 4600 (particularly if it is the fabulous top of the line) :wink: )

How terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise

Toejam31

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<font color=red>"300w Deer Power Supply"</font color=red>

One of the most light-weight, failure-prone power supplies in existence. Many burn out within four or five months. Using one of these is like installing a Volkswagon engine in a two-ton truck.

If the memory on the video card is not defective, then this may very well be your problem.

I highly suggest purchasing a 431W dual-fan Whisper PSU from Enermax for an AMD system with a Thunderbird processor, which will provide additional cooling, as well as sufficent power. It costs more than $29.95, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

Toejam31

<font color=red>First Rig:</font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=17935" target="_new"><font color=green>Toejam31's Devastating Dalek Destroyer</font color=green></A>
<font color=red>Second Rig:</font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=15942" target="_new"><font color=green>Toey's Dynamite DDR Duron</font color=green></A>

<font color=purple>"Some push the envelope. Some just lick it. And some can't find the flap."</font color=purple>